Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I so love my hubby right now

Posted by   + Show Post

so 32 weeks pregnant and soooooo craving a big mac (unhealthy i know) my bro in law took our only car so my loving husband has decided to ride his bicycle and get my burger for me....he really is trying to gain some brownie pts and this is a awesome way to do it lol. 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Replies (21-29):
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Now that is a keeper.

Mine didn't understand cravings. Granted, I didn't have them that much. The worst he did was when I was in labor, though, I kept seeing a commercial for KFC. I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before, but that had come back up, and it was after lunch time. And I really really really wanted some KFC. Since I was at the hospital, they wouldn't let me eat. My mom and grandma were in the room with me, and my SO decides it's time to eat, and says he's gonna call up his dad to bring him some KFC for lunch. I've never seen my mom glare so hard, but I almost cried. She had to explain to him that that would be a really mean thing to do :( He didn't do it, but he will never live down that he wanted to.

Quoting kzuehlk:

I'm 33 weeks along and just had to have a cherry slushy. My SO is still recovering from a broken back. When I started getting out of bed to go get one, he told me to lay back down and got one himself.

kzuehlk
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never let him live that one down!

About a week before I went into labor with my other son, I kept wanting White Castle burgers. The nearest one is 3 hours away though, so I didn't get any. He has blood sugars issues and didn't want to eat in front of me while I was in labor, so he wandered down to the cafe for a minute. He came running back with a big stupid grin on his face, pulling something out of his pocket. In the vending machines he found a 3 pack of frozen white castle burgers. He heated them up and ate 2 himself, then wrapped the 3rd in a paper towel and stuffed it in his pocket in an attempt to sneak it to me. It was covered in pocket fuzz and had a dime stuck to it by the time he handed it to me. I still tease him about it

Quoting NowImAMom...:

Now that is a keeper.

Mine didn't understand cravings. Granted, I didn't have them that much. The worst he did was when I was in labor, though, I kept seeing a commercial for KFC. I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before, but that had come back up, and it was after lunch time. And I really really really wanted some KFC. Since I was at the hospital, they wouldn't let me eat. My mom and grandma were in the room with me, and my SO decides it's time to eat, and says he's gonna call up his dad to bring him some KFC for lunch. I've never seen my mom glare so hard, but I almost cried. She had to explain to him that that would be a really mean thing to do :( He didn't do it, but he will never live down that he wanted to.

Quoting kzuehlk:

I'm 33 weeks along and just had to have a cherry slushy. My SO is still recovering from a broken back. When I started getting out of bed to go get one, he told me to lay back down and got one himself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM

AWWWW! That's really thoughtful though! He remembered exactly what you wanted and managed to get it to you :)

When it was breakfast time, he had a tray of food. The nurses came in to check my blood pressure and saw that he had food. They reminded me that I couldn't eat, and one of them looked at SO and said "so make sure you aren't sneaking her any food, okaaaaay? *wink*" And then they left. So, I told him to give me some (which I had been planning on doing before them came in. I was so hungry lol) and he goes "but they told me not to." WHAT?!? I told him "hun, she's supposed to say that, didn't you see the wink?" And he hands me the tiniest bite EVER of a muffin, and refuses to give me anything else.

*sigh* I hope he's better next time around. I'd love to have a sweet story like you guys do. I can't tell you how much of a hero he would have been if he brought me a bubble tea. I wanted one for weeks but the place I wanted it from was 45 minutes away. Never got it either :(

Quoting kzuehlk:

About a week before I went into labor with my other son, I kept wanting White Castle burgers. The nearest one is 3 hours away though, so I didn't get any. He has blood sugars issues and didn't want to eat in front of me while I was in labor, so he wandered down to the cafe for a minute. He came running back with a big stupid grin on his face, pulling something out of his pocket. In the vending machines he found a 3 pack of frozen white castle burgers. He heated them up and ate 2 himself, then wrapped the 3rd in a paper towel and stuffed it in his pocket in an attempt to sneak it to me. It was covered in pocket fuzz and had a dime stuck to it by the time he handed it to me. I still tease him about it

Quoting NowImAMom...:

Now that is a keeper.

Quoting kzuehlk:

kzuehlk
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that's what I love best about being pregnant. He goes into super mode and I get catered to. Any other time I'm on my own. I don't know where he pulls it from, because he's usually about as sweet as salt!

Quoting NowImAMom...:

AWWWW! That's really thoughtful though! He remembered exactly what you wanted and managed to get it to you :)

When it was breakfast time, he had a tray of food. The nurses came in to check my blood pressure and saw that he had food. They reminded me that I couldn't eat, and one of them looked at SO and said "so make sure you aren't sneaking her any food, okaaaaay? *wink*" And then they left. So, I told him to give me some (which I had been planning on doing before them came in. I was so hungry lol) and he goes "but they told me not to." WHAT?!? I told him "hun, she's supposed to say that, didn't you see the wink?" And he hands me the tiniest bite EVER of a muffin, and refuses to give me anything else.

*sigh* I hope he's better next time around. I'd love to have a sweet story like you guys do. I can't tell you how much of a hero he would have been if he brought me a bubble tea. I wanted one for weeks but the place I wanted it from was 45 minutes away. Never got it either :(

Quoting kzuehlk:

Quoting NowImAMom...:

Now that is a keeper.

Quoting kzuehlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fallin4baby
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Lucky

Quoting yo.momma.:

we're in hawaii and im sittin in my house with ac on :)

Quoting Fallin4baby:

Major brownie points, where do you live btw? Its freezing her (negative temps)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
So sweet!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I'm so jealous of you right now lol.  

Quoting yo.momma.:

nowhere near im still using ac in the house

Quoting Anonymous:

that's amazing!!    <3

ps, i hope you two are not up in the north east, it's cold here!

aiyess
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Yay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Be prepared for the jealous haters to say that he has a mistress that lives by McDonalds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN