Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHICH ONE ARE YOU??????? Y'ALL ARE A BUNCH OF PARTY POOPERS, LOL

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: So which one best describes YOU???

Options:

The LURKER

The STALKER

The HIJACKER

The ATTENTION SEEKER

The PROMOTER

The GAMER

The PREACHER

The DRUNK

The WHINER

The POOR GRAMMARIAN

OTHER ( if you are a combo of any of the above) list them in the reply

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

If you have spent any time on Cafemom, you know that it isn't that much different from The Breakfast Club. Stereotypes abound. I'm sure you have some of these types of people as your CM friends. You may even BE one of these people. You may need to unfriend some of these people.

1. The Lurker – This person never posts anything. Never likes anything. Never comments on anything. However, in casual conversation they will mention, "Oh yeah, I saw you had posted that on CafeMom." You know they are there, but they leave no trace evidence.

2. The Stalker – The stalker is not that much different from the lurker. You know they are there. You know they read EVERYTHING you post. They may even mention it to others in face-to-face conversations. They look at all your photos. They look up people in your photos. They may even send you chat messages or post on your chatterbox – a lot. As with stalkers in real life, the Cafemom stalker must be gotten rid of. Stalking is a crime out here in the real world. My suggestion – block them.

3. The Hijacker – Have you ever posted something on Cafemom only to find that the thread has been taken over by someone else? They may just take over the conversation or they may change the subject entirely. They may even steal your title  or SN and post it as their own. Your post was hijacked. If it keeps happening, unfriend them or block them.

4. The Attention Seeker – The attention seeker posts cryptic comments like, "I told you so, you know who you are," in the hopes that people will fall into their trap and ask what happened.They never do tell the rest of the story. Other posts that fall into this category are those that post if you are my friend you will repost this posts. I even saw one yesterday that blatantly said, "I'm having a bad day. Like this post to make me feel better!"

5. The Promoter – This Cafemom only posts links to his/her blog, or invites you to every concert, or only posts about Mary Kay or Scentsy or For Ladies Only. I don't mind shameless self-promotion, but use a fan page for that, not your personal profile. By the way, you should like the Dishwater Dreams of Cafemom

6. The gamer – Tends virtual crops, belongs to the virtual mafia, and answers surveys like how are you going to die or which Twilight character are you. Cafemom games are fun, but everything in moderation. When my recent activities is full of nothing but posts from one person about one game, it gets annoying.

7. The preacher – This optimist only posts inspirational quotes or anything related to God. I love God. He is totally awesome. I love inspirational quotes too. Just don't make it the only think your CafeMom account is about. Or, get a fan page.

8. The Drunk – While great for entertainment late at night, or in some extreme cases by 10am, the drunk only posts when they have had one too many. Posts often need a cypher to understand and can be very angry. It is suggested that you advise your friend against drunk Cafemom Posting/Replying. If you ARE the drunk I highly recommend quitting. Drinking. Not Facebooking. Or don't drink and CafeMom. Then you don't have to wake up and try to delete drunken posts all your friends already saw anyway.

9. The Whiner – Every post is about how horrible their life is. How much it hurts or sucks to be them. They post cryptic comments like, "I told you, you know who you are," in the hopes that people will fall into their trap and ask what happened. They also tend to over share personal details. I don't need to know about your bathroom habits. However, if you live in a duplex and your neighbor farted so loud it scared your cat, then post away. (Yes, that was an actual status update.)

10. The Poor Grammarian – This is the person who spells so badly that you want to ask how on Earth they can not write simple sentences in their native language. Punctuation is ignored or abused. Even if you are using a smart phone to post to CafeMom, they have spell check! They have auto correct. They have qwerty keyboards. At least TRY to spell correctly! Please. For me?

11. OTHER.........EXPLAIN IN REPLIES...........GEEZ CAN Y'ALL SEE THIS??LMAOOOOOOOO (in the POLL)

Which type of CM OP are you?

(BTW...this was taken from FB and adapted for CM)

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muthrof_2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hierophant85
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You need a none of the above option. I don't really fall Into any of these.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAnders224
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:18 AM

None.....

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I hit submit too fast...I put  "OTHER" in the poll

Quoting Hierophant85:

You need a none of the above option. I don't really fall Into any of these.

tricia1332
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I don't fit the description of any of those. So I'm a "other". LOL

maryjmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM
I'm none of those. I'm just me. I post when I want, about what I want, and give my thoughts and opinions on others posts.

I have to deal with a CM stalker before, and holy shit I wouldn't wish that crap on my enemies!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Same here lol

Quoting tricia1332:

I don't fit the description of any of those. So I'm a "other". LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
The annoyingly logical, sometimes snarky one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Y'all are NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN at all, lol

livric
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not any of them... I am just a normal cm'er lol  not nasty, dont lurk, stalk or complain (much lol)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured