Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told a brand new mom tonight.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

HOW you feed your baby is completely up to you. As long as you hold him/her and feed him/her and love him/her, you are a great parent. Do not let anyone tell you how to feed your baby. Agree?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Agree. Though breast is best. That doesn't make FF moms bad, even if they never even try to nurse. But it is the best food for babies. It's almost like feeding kids fruits and vegetables vs letting them eat what they will and supplementing with pediasure or something. Both get the job done and both make healthy kids so who really cares?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Tosya on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:20 AM

agreed

Trisha234
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Agree! That's what I tell new mamas, too.
DazeDelights
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I agree
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I agree completely.

On the flip side, I think some women need to stop seeing breastfeeding information and encouragement as pushing or judging.  Those are two different things, but women are so defensive about how they parent that often positive encouragement gets viewed as criticism.  Just something I've witnessed over and over on this site between women.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Agree, and good for you :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I tellMoms at Mcdondald that feeding happy meals for lunch daily is just fine, as long as they love their children! That is truely all that matters.  Hot dogs, chicken fingers-it's all foood right?

happy41ce
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
That's not your place. They DON'T have to try nursing.
Btw I breast feed. Comments like this irk me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure. As long as they TRY nursing first... Then the choice is theirs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I'm going to be the @ss that doesn't agree. It should be expected that people will attempt to breastfeed first, and supplement with formula if it doesn't work. There should not be a choice. This is what we as a culture need to expect of mothers for a healthier future for our children. Luckily, I know very few people that didn't at least try breastfeeding due to our changing expectations and educational
Resources. It's a step in the right direction. No one ever needs to be a jerk to anyone about it, but it's not ok to just except formula as a first choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN