Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told a brand new mom tonight.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

HOW you feed your baby is completely up to you. As long as you hold him/her and feed him/her and love him/her, you are a great parent. Do not let anyone tell you how to feed your baby. Agree?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I am so grateful I had my last baby over a year ago and that I will never have to worry about breast vs formula again! Especially because when or if my kids have kids I won't force my opinion one way or another.
NikiOcasio
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM

agree!

happy41ce
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Once again. It's your opinion that a new mom should try. Not a fact .

Quoting Anonymous:

Riiiiiight. That's why even cans of formula say breast is best on them. And I will not Stfu, sorry.

Quoting happy41ce:

Uh no that is your opinion. Stfu

Quoting Anonymous:

Well they SHOULD. And and that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Quoting happy41ce:

That's not your place. They DON'T have to try nursing.

Btw I breast feed. Comments like this irk me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure. As long as they TRY nursing first... Then the choice is theirs.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
"winnie winnie", says the ghost of the dead horse.
zombiemommy7
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Agree!
ksueditz
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Agree.

AngelCodysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I agree
poshkat
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I said the same to my friend. Her baby is just over a month old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Just because you are FFing your child doesn't mean your giving them the bare minimum of care. I both FF and BF my children and there was no difference in the amount/quality of care that I gave the ones I FF in compared to the ones I was actually able to BF. I think that is a horrible kind of guilt to lay on a new mother. Why force a mom to do something she hates just because you think it's "the right thing to do"...why put the bonding experience at risk by putting any negative feelings in something that should be so special just because they're not being fed the way YOU think they should.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because its about your baby, not YOU. Being "cared for" and doing the bare minimum should not be ok for our children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? Some people just have no interest in trying it so why force them to? As long as the baby is being cared for and thriving it doesn't matter how they get food

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Once again, it's not about the mother. It's about the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you are FFing your child doesn't mean your giving them the bare minimum of care. I both FF and BF my children and there was no difference in the amount/quality of care that I gave the ones I FF in compared to the ones I was actually able to BF. I think that is a horrible kind of guilt to lay on a new mother. Why force a mom to do something she hates just because you think it's "the right thing to do"...why put the bonding experience at risk by putting any negative feelings in something that should be so special just because they're not being fed the way YOU think they should.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because its about your baby, not YOU. Being "cared for" and doing the bare minimum should not be ok for our children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? Some people just have no interest in trying it so why force them to? As long as the baby is being cared for and thriving it doesn't matter how they get food

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)