Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told a brand new mom tonight.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

HOW you feed your baby is completely up to you. As long as you hold him/her and feed him/her and love him/her, you are a great parent. Do not let anyone tell you how to feed your baby. Agree?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Replies (81-90):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM

That's how i feel about it. 

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Omg! Horrible advice! You didn't inform her that her child really isn't hers to make decisions for? Shame on you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Awesome!

momma2mms
by Kristin on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Agree

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Aw,someone is butt hurt. Boo hoo.

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Hold the fuck on. I have more than enough ENERGY for them, it is about time, and my choice to give my preemie the supplement that the NICU recommended you half wit. Also, I BF 5 out of 7 and the only two I didn;t were my preemies. So supermom who BFs, do you also volunteer at your kids school 4 days a week? Run an FRG? Keep a spotless, neat home? Cook 3 homemade meals a day? Teach 4 children at home who are not old enough for school? Babysit for a needy family for only 200.00 a month for 14 hours a day? Did you drive 7 days a week to the NICU and pump the whole time, while still managing to not have the other kids feel left out? Do you volunteer at the VA? So tell me about my energy again, PLEASE!!!!! I get parent of the year at my kids schools every year for the last 3 years. I give every bit over energy and love that I have to my children. I do not have a maid, or a nanny, or a driver, and yet I function better than most parents with 1-2 kids. I also do this alone for a year at a time, every other year. Can you say that for your BFing Nazi self? I KNOW you cannot. If you could you would not hide everything about you. I did feel the need to defend myself, so save that Bullshit for someone else. I felt the need because people like you need to realize that just because you BF you are failing miserably at many other things. NOW I have BF 5 children and pumped for 2 until they came home, how many did you BF for? Grow up, and realize that you are obviously failing in many areas or you would not feel the need to attack others for something so menial.... I mean it must be the only thing you have in your life to take pride in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see, who is the ignorant one here... The person that thinks everyone should do the best for their babies, or the person that had 7 children when they didn't have the energy for them?

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

That is very sad that you are so ignorant to other people's lives and choices. Not everyone has the time, energy or want to BF. I have done both and the fact is this time I chose NOT to BF because I didn;t want to. I have seven children and I have a ton of responsibility and it was simply the best choice for me! You are a bit of a zealot IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Well they SHOULD. And and that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Quoting happy41ce:

That's not your place. They DON'T have to try nursing.

Btw I breast feed. Comments like this irk me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure. As long as they TRY nursing first... Then the choice is theirs.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM

AGREE

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

clapping 

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Hold the fuck on. I have more than enough ENERGY for them, it is about time, and my choice to give my preemie the supplement that the NICU recommended you half wit. Also, I BF 5 out of 7 and the only two I didn;t were my preemies. So supermom who BFs, do you also volunteer at your kids school 4 days a week? Run an FRG? Keep a spotless, neat home? Cook 3 homemade meals a day? Teach 4 children at home who are not old enough for school? Babysit for a needy family for only 200.00 a month for 14 hours a day? Did you drive 7 days a week to the NICU and pump the whole time, while still managing to not have the other kids feel left out? Do you volunteer at the VA? So tell me about my energy again, PLEASE!!!!! I get parent of the year at my kids schools every year for the last 3 years. I give every bit over energy and love that I have to my children. I do not have a maid, or a nanny, or a driver, and yet I function better than most parents with 1-2 kids. I also do this alone for a year at a time, every other year. Can you say that for your BFing Nazi self? I KNOW you cannot. If you could you would not hide everything about you. I did feel the need to defend myself, so save that Bullshit for someone else. I felt the need because people like you need to realize that just because you BF you are failing miserably at many other things. NOW I have BF 5 children and pumped for 2 until they came home, how many did you BF for? Grow up, and realize that you are obviously failing in many areas or you would not feel the need to attack others for something so menial.... I mean it must be the only thing you have in your life to take pride in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let's see, who is the ignorant one here... The person that thinks everyone should do the best for their babies, or the person that had 7 children when they didn't have the energy for them?

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

That is very sad that you are so ignorant to other people's lives and choices. Not everyone has the time, energy or want to BF. I have done both and the fact is this time I chose NOT to BF because I didn;t want to. I have seven children and I have a ton of responsibility and it was simply the best choice for me! You are a bit of a zealot IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happy41ce:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM
AGREE 100%
RLT2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Agreed

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Thank you!!! I hate when people think one small detail makes them "better" when in the end I do TONS of things more than most, and that one small detail is not even noticable in my life...UGH

Quoting DanaG70:

clapping 

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happy41ce:

Quoting Anonymous:

900 years of time and space, an I've never met anyone that wasn't important...... The Doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured