Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am having a love affair.......

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM
  • 29 Replies
With my Netti Pot!

Seriously!

Here is my issue. I am looking for natural remedies to treat a current sinus infection. I know I have one cause I am always getting them. Eventually I'll have to get surgery done to correct the issue I have with a hypertrophy of the lining in my sinuses. But until then I need a remedy. I don't want to use antibiotics cause 1) I don't like the way I feel on them and 2) I have already gotten c.diff from antibiotics and it is something I don't ever want to experience ever again and I run the risk of getting it everytime I take an antibiotic. (probiotics were my saviour at that time)

Right now I'm using a netti pot with distilled water and the saline mix. And I'm wondering if there is anything I could add to it for antiseptic/antibacterial/antifungal purposes. I do have organic Lavendar essential oil, organic tea tree essential oil, and organic eucalyptus essential oil. Could I use those and how much to add to my netti pot? My netti pot holds 8oz of saline solution.

And if anyone has some other ideas that would help me that would be wonderful! I'm miserable right now so any kind of relief would heavenly.

Thank you in advance for those who comment!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Bump! Really? No one has an idea for me. Or is it cause there's no one here?
ruthallen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:08 AM
did you try googleing your question?
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM
I did and it really didn't help. Most of the sites it came up with was either a company bragging about their product, a forum full of idiots that were as old as dirt, or telling you to get antibiotics, and my personal favorite only half of the info I was looking for. So I was hoping some moms here have gone thru this and had some insights for me.

Quoting ruthallen:

did you try googleing your question?

teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:14 AM

BUMP!

teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:14 AM

BUMP!

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I don't know I used my neti pot for the first time last night and it was interesting, I think over time I will get use to it.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Oh I love my netti! Do you have the actual pot or do you have the squirt bottle. I have the squirt bottle. I love that I can control the pressure of the stream better. I can make it really gentle or a vigorous stream.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

I don't know I used my neti pot for the first time last night and it was interesting, I think over time I will get use to it.

tinaleigh
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 AM
I found this info :)
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5593374_essential-pot-treat-sinus-infections.html

There's a few other articles if you google using essential oils in netti pot :) hope it helps!!!
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Thanks! I'm gonna go check that out right now!

Quoting tinaleigh:

I found this info :)

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5593374_essential-pot-treat-sinus-infections.html

There's a few other articles if you google using essential oils in netti pot :) hope it helps!!!

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Quoting rkkeller13:

Oh I love my netti! Do you have the actual pot or do you have the squirt bottle. I have the squirt bottle. I love that I can control the pressure of the stream better. I can make it really gentle or a vigorous stream.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

I have the actual pot. I must say I feel much better after using it.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured