Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it people think the poor should have nothing??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
1 mom liked this

No internet, no gov cell phone for emergencies,  no buying a lottery ticket, no income tax credit, no day care credit, no fancy food, no decent medical care, no nice clothes, heaven forbid you have a car with no dents,  .............some people didn't ask to be poor, but ended up in life situations in which there is very little control.  Not even having the basics can make a person feel less than human.   Why do others get such a thrill of knocking the poor?

edit:  and i'm talking about poor people for which their circumstances will never change...you know the war vet, the accident victim, the sick person who can't work......

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Waaah waah so sick of hearing this shit!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I think it's fine to get help if you need it but you should be trying to help yourself as well.
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Because they see one poor ghetto b*tch that uses her bridge card to buy a coach purse while her kids eat spaghettios and it just rubs them the wrong way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boldrumble
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:52 AM
11 moms liked this
Because you should only have what you can afford. Kinda like i shouldnt have a summer home in france....i cant afford to and still pay bills...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK-we have family that feel we are the dirty poor just because we live in a trailer and not in a big house like the rest of them-this is my dad's side.  But I feel I have a roof over my familys head we pay our bills and get no assistance so cant be too poor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh & I work hard for everything we have no free hand outs for us and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM
6 moms liked this
We all have a choice in life, I really do not feel sorry for poor people. I grew up with little to nothing, yet my mom never received pa, it was called WORK 2-3 jobs... nowadays people have no drive.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM
16 moms liked this
Unless illness or job loss is a factor I'm tired of paying for people's irresponsible choices. Finish college, get married then start a family. The chances of living in poverty are significantly lower if you go that route.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM
8 moms liked this
Anyone up can not afford LUXURIES without handouts should not have them. I can't afford a Lexus, so I don't buy one! An emergency phone is not a luxury, one with texting and Internet access (unless required for a job) IS a luxury. There's a difference. Food is not a luxury, fancy food IS a luxury.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:54 AM
12 moms liked this
This post screams entitlement. You are entitled to nothing. Stop whining. Work hard. Feed your family. Pay for a place to live and clothing. On your own dime. Don't have kids you cannot afford.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN