Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If the Draft is activated, should Women declare Conscientous Objector status to avoid being drafted?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

The Quakers do it.  The Amish do it.  Why not conservative Christian groups?  I belong to a non-denominational Christian Bible believing church, independent of any organized church - think Pentecostal, long skirts and long hair for females.  My girls will NOT register for the draft if there is one!  Other pacifist religious groups could also declare CO status.  What other groups do you think would want to be exempt from the draft - if there is one of course.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Amish aren't tax payers.
mrspena
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
When did females have to start signing up for the draft? I never did and my 18yo sd didn't either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Women do not have to register for the draft. *FACEPALM* be aware THEN preach awareness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
There will never be a draft... Know why? Because volunteers make better recruits since they actually WANT to join.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Lol, good thing that females aren't required to register with the selective service.....
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM

seriously? do some research.

mcwife86
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM

don't worry I'm sure the military would be rather happy that they did do that honestly.

its a fact that the draft produced some of the lowest quality recruits during war times. that would be an extreme last resort for our military especially considering they are kicking people OUT now..they don't want more brought in especially those that are forced in because they would most likely just whine and run off later on anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN