Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm getting induced tomorrow!!! *UPDATE* PICS

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 253 Replies
Tomorrow at 7 am I'm getting induced. I never was induced w my other 2, and I'm scared shitless.

I am bein induced because I have some problems that can not be resolved while pregnant. I need different tests and need to see a neurologists a 1 week after the baby. I got some bad news yesterday, so best option is to be induced. Today is my due date so he will be full term.

Ok no more advice, I need good vibes and all I'm getting is negative feed back. I'm scared as it is. So if you aren't going to be positive stay of this thread!!!!!

*Update* I'm in the hospital and was at a 5 when I arrived. I'm doing great :) Thanx Girls for all the good wishes.
Bashers!!!! I had a old fashion vaginal delivery, I was in labor for about 4 hours and pushed 3 minutes. He is a healthy 7lbs 9oz 20 inches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HPfanatic
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this
If you're against getting an epidural try to have an open mind about it so you don't feel bad if you change your mind.
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Take the drugs when you need them!
TeamTARDIS
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you being induced?
My ob wanted to induce me but I refused. DS came at 42 weeks healthy and happy.
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope you signed up for your epidural at least. I've never been induced but I watched my sister be induced with both her babies. With the first she was 15 and screamed until she blacked out cause she wasn't far enough for an epidural. With the second it was much easier on her and labor was much quicker.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM

blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
It's uncomfortable...I've only had one pregnancy and won't be having anymore,and was induced. I would recommend epidural,just cause contractions are much stronger then normal,but to each their own.
momsince04
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I've had some problems. I'm excited

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

My ob wanted to induce me but I refused. DS came at 42 weeks healthy and happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

it can be a long process but in my experience wasn't too bad. a lot of waiting for the cervidil to kick in. the first round did absolutely nothing but the second round..wow. three hours after it was put in the contractions came and they didn't even have time or need for the pictocin. had a few reaalllyyyy bad contractions so finally decided to just get the epidural. Got the epidural, a little while after was time to push. 7 minutes and three pushes later, baby was here!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
My word of advice is let the baby come when he/she is ready. You are going to end up with a c-section because you're forcing the baby out. And an induction is harder on your body and the baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN