Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm getting induced tomorrow!!! *UPDATE* PICS

Posted by   + Show Post
Tomorrow at 7 am I'm getting induced. I never was induced w my other 2, and I'm scared shitless.

I am bein induced because I have some problems that can not be resolved while pregnant. I need different tests and need to see a neurologists a 1 week after the baby. I got some bad news yesterday, so best option is to be induced. Today is my due date so he will be full term.

Ok no more advice, I need good vibes and all I'm getting is negative feed back. I'm scared as it is. So if you aren't going to be positive stay of this thread!!!!!

*Update* I'm in the hospital and was at a 5 when I arrived. I'm doing great :) Thanx Girls for all the good wishes.
Bashers!!!! I had a old fashion vaginal delivery, I was in labor for about 4 hours and pushed 3 minutes. He is a healthy 7lbs 9oz 20 inches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (101-110):
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Really? I always thought they were quick. I guess I was just really lucky because for a first time mom with pitocin and an epi my labor was only 8 hours

Quoting HPfanatic:

Oh and I had always been under the impression that inductions were quick but nope, it can be a long process

MamaMoopsie
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

All three of my daughters could have died if I HADN'T been induced. Especially my first and my second daughters. My doctor suggested induction. He didn't order me to do it, but he definitely made it clear what the risks were either way. I weighed those risks and my DH and I made the decision to induce, not my doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being induced is a big deal because it can lead to serious complications and even death of the baby!  Doctors don't suggest inductions because they care about your health they suggest them because it's easier for them!

Quoting JenieceMojica:

I don't understand why people made such a big deal about being induced. Mama you are going to do great! If your doctors feel this is the right move then go for it. I have been induced and everything went great

Quoting momsince04:

My chances of c-section are the same If I were to go into labor on my own. He is full term, my due date is today. Im dilating already and my cervix is ready.

Please I need to hear good advise, not scare me more. I've never gone thru this.

ChelseySpelsey
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You will be fine. (((Hugs))) post pictures!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince04
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Yah I'm dilating im at a 2 and more than 50% effaced.

Quoting Anonymous:

You will be ok Momma.   I had to be induced with all three of mine because of health issues.   All my babies were healthy and happy.    I dont think the pitocin made my contractions any worse but I dont realy know what those feel like without pitocin.   The only thing I would suggest is not letting them break your water right off.   Are you dialated at all yet?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If you want happy loving advice you are in the wrong group. I don't sugar coat it. Inductions are dangerous especially without medical necessity. Your baby isn't ready. Pretty simple.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't be scared!  Every woman's experience is different.

I was induced with #2, and it was a walk in the park!!!  The epidural was wonderful, and when it was time to push I wasn't in any pain, but had an odd sensation on my left side.  The nurse checked me and said, "Okay, time to push!"  They started the pitocin at about 1:30 pm, and she was born 9:34 PM.  I was not in labor when I got to the hospital.

Good luck momma!

hugs

KlingyMomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
How exciting!!! TodY you meet your new wee one :-) CONGRATS
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Being induced does not mean she will end up w/a C-section. I was induced, no c-section along w/countless others.

Obviously she is having medical issues & this is what is best for her & baby.

OP I was induced w/my first & not w/my 2nd, please plan on an epidural.  Learn ways to help you stretch vaginally, you can google, bc you won't be able to walk around.

I wish nothing but the best for you & your baby!

Quoting Anonymous:

My word of advice is let the baby come when he/she is ready. You are going to end up with a c-section because you're forcing the baby out. And an induction is harder on your body and the baby.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Hoping for the best for you and little one! Can't wait to see pics. Take care sweetie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)