Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm getting induced tomorrow!!! *UPDATE* PICS

Posted by   + Show Post
Tomorrow at 7 am I'm getting induced. I never was induced w my other 2, and I'm scared shitless.

I am bein induced because I have some problems that can not be resolved while pregnant. I need different tests and need to see a neurologists a 1 week after the baby. I got some bad news yesterday, so best option is to be induced. Today is my due date so he will be full term.

Ok no more advice, I need good vibes and all I'm getting is negative feed back. I'm scared as it is. So if you aren't going to be positive stay of this thread!!!!!

*Update* I'm in the hospital and was at a 5 when I arrived. I'm doing great :) Thanx Girls for all the good wishes.
Bashers!!!! I had a old fashion vaginal delivery, I was in labor for about 4 hours and pushed 3 minutes. He is a healthy 7lbs 9oz 20 inches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (61-70):
Armadillo79
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

This is such utter bullshit. OP good luck you will do GREAT and be fine. And "She" is not putting her baby at risk, they are inducing her for health reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being induced is not positive, THAT is why you're getting flack for it. You're putting your baby at risk.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It is NOT that bad. You'll be fine!!  Just remember you'll have a bundle of joy soon enough!!  I was induced with my son. He was a week late. He was a big boy too.  I didn't even get an epidural until 8 cm, which was pointless because I felt basically everything. lol. You'll do fine!! Goodluck! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
i hope all is well an you an baby are doin good congrats...
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I was induced with 3 of my 4 pregnancies, never had a c-section and never had a labor longer than 4 hours.

My one pregnancy without induction, was only an hour, but it was a lot more painful.

Good luck tomorrow!

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

while im pro natural birth,

the saftey of mom and baby come first so good luck and i wish you a happy safe birth!!

good vibes ))))))))(((((((((())))))))((((((())))))(((()))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to see the neurologist?

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Not true for mine either, my son and I would have died from my high blood pressure if I wasnt induced, it just kept getting higher and higher.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Not true for all inductions!! Certainly wasn't the case for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being induced is a big deal because it can lead to serious complications and even death of the baby!  Doctors don't suggest inductions because they care about your health they suggest them because it's easier for them!

Quoting JenieceMojica:

I don't understand why people made such a big deal about being induced. Mama you are going to do great! If your doctors feel this is the right move then go for it. I have been induced and everything went great

Quoting momsince04:

My chances of c-section are the same If I were to go into labor on my own. He is full term, my due date is today. Im dilating already and my cervix is ready.

Please I need to hear good advise, not scare me more. I've never gone thru this.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Ive been induced 3 times, and NOT ONCE have I had to have a c-section...that is an ignorant statement. My labors were fine and I was not in any pain with either one.....and my children were fine as well. smdh.

Quoting Anonymous:

My word of advice is let the baby come when he/she is ready. You are going to end up with a c-section because you're forcing the baby out. And an induction is harder on your body and the baby.

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I was induced and I had no problems. Good luck!
dawnjohnson5
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Everything will be fine.

I was induced 4 out of 5 times. The contractions were strong and everything went fast, but they were all vaginal births.

My 5th was delivered 5 weeks early via emergency c section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)