Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son won't cuddle with me anymore :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I can't believe he's already to that age. It feels like he was just a baby in my arms. He's 15 months now an such a big boy. At least he'll still occasionally hug me but he doesn't really like to cuddle now. Sad :( how old were your kids when they started wanting to be free to roam rather than cuddle up with you?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
:( My son is 5 and still cuddles up to me once in awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Both my boys are still smugglers. They are 14 and 9.
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I wouldn't get too sad about it yet. My son went through a phase where he was very independent, and now he's back to being super loving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Lucky. Lol. He has his times where he likes to be held. And he likes to cuddle when he's sick. But that's about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Smugglers! Hehehe

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
My kids still cuddle sometimes and they are far older. I've always encouraged them to roam, explore and experience their lives however is appropriate, but I've always let them know I was here for them too.

I'm willing to bet he will still want to cuddle more than you think
Jebekarue
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM

My son is almost 17 and we still cuddle every once in a while when he wants to (several times a month).  He will hold my hand in the store(when he wants too of course) but he wont let go either if he sees some of his friends, sometimes he will throw his arm around my shoulder for good measure. I still tuck him into bed some nights and he always lets me kiss him goodnight.  He is a very affectionate young man.  Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world :)))

DD is the same way and she is 14, although I tuck her in EVERY night, she wouldn't have it any other way and if for whatever reason I am unable (sick) she is disappointed. 

I love my kids :)))

im_2_xblessed
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Both my girls are cuddle bugs....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

don't worry mama, he will come back to you!! I went through the same thing with ds around that age..he just wanted to go, go, go!! But I'd say around 3 1/2-4 he came back to his mama. He is 5 now and wants to cuddle ALL THE TIME!!! It'll pass mama, no worries!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I can only hope ds will be that way when he grows up. He is only 5 now but so affectionate, caring and loving! Looks like you raised a good boy there mama, good job!!!!

Quoting Jebekarue:

My son is almost 17 and we still cuddle every once in a while when he wants to (several times a month).  He will hold my hand in the store(when he wants too of course) but he wont let go either if he sees some of his friends, sometimes he will throw his arm around my shoulder for good measure. I still tuck him into bed some nights and he always lets me kiss him goodnight.  He is a very affectionate young man.  Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world :)))

DD is the same way and she is 14, although I tuck her in EVERY night, she wouldn't have it any other way and if for whatever reason I am unable (sick) she is disappointed. 

I love my kids :)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)