Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OH NO HE F***ING DIDNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this
Sorry its not as dramatic as the title sound, but its still an issue.

student A is honor roll,perfect attendance, and deans least, GPA higher than 99%. not having one ounce of trouble.

this is their third professor and student A is actually having to show professor formulas and is finding several flaws in the lessons being taught, not trying to undermine the teacher but this teacher is teaching incorrect information (this is not an industry that can afford incorrectly taught students, even a little, every detail counts). so student A is discreetly bringing it to the teachers attention and the teacher has been fine with it. never calling out teacher in front of other students at all.

teacher gives a formula worksheet and student B leaves several spaces blank, so teacher returns worksheet to student B to complete, student B gets all answers wrong and fails worksheet.

student A leaves one space blank accidently. teacher says nothing and doesnt give student A the chance to fill in the answer.

teacher doesnt have answer key so student A shows teacher the simplest way to grade the paper quickly. all answers are 100% correct on the answer key that student A just taught teacher how to make.

teacher grades all papers, including student A's and counts the missed space as incorrect, every other answer is correct, student recieves a 97% on the worksheet.

student asks teacher why he didnt allow them the oppertunity to fill in the blank answer when student B got to fill in several he missed? teacher answers "you dont have any problems in this class, you can afford to get an answer wrong here and there, student B cant afford that, if i didnt let him hed fail."

student A is very upset, he works hard to maintain that high of a GPA and he feels he deserves the same oppertunity the other student recieves.

especially because he just showed the teacher how to grade those worksheets with out waiting to get an answer key. the teacher knew he knew the answer and still docked him the three points.

what are your thoughts on this? student A is considering consulting with student resources about filing a complaint of discrmination because he was not afforded the same oppertunity student B was given, simply because hes "smart enough that he can afford a bad grade once in a while".
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM
7 moms liked this

i think student a shouldn't worry about it. it's three points and he still got a 97%. Life's not fair, he may as well learn that lesson now. I don't a complaint should be filed, the teacher was trying to help a student that is clearly struggling. Life isn't about getting all 100%'s all the time. Shit happens thats not fair all the time, he needs to learn how to accept it and not let it tear his world apart. He can't be perfect forever and he is setting himself up for failure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
this.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think student a shouldn't worry about it. it's three points and he still got a 97%. Life's not fair, he may as well learn that lesson now. I don't a complaint should be filed, the teacher was trying to help a student that is clearly struggling. Life isn't about getting all 100%'s all the time. Shit happens thats not fair all the time, he needs to learn how to accept it and not let it tear his world apart. He can't be perfect forever and he is setting himself up for failure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I think Student A shouldn't worry about it.  Life isn't fair and it sounds as if Student A hasn't learned that lesson yet...nor has Student A learned that being perfect isn't the be all, end all of life or about failure.  The teacher was trying to help out a student that was clearly struggling, as any teacher should do.  Student A just sounds resentful and almost bratty.  Many kids today don't know how to fail or don't learn the lesson that life is not fair and that's a huge problem so everything is a tantrum and everything needs to be a complaint.  Life isn't about getting everything perfect or always being the best...if that's what you're going to focus on in life, you're in for a big surprise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM
bump
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

i think its a good example of how the rEAL world works.    student a.... is a know it all.   thats what happens to know it alls - they dont get second chances - they know too much!   student a needs to get over the 3 points and himself.    accept that they missed a question and be happy they are so blessed to be so smart.    people always recognise those who work hard and still struggle - they will be give supports in jobs and real life.   the college isnt going to investigate that petty of a complaint.    but if they want to learn that for themselves too - go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I think the rules should be the same for everyone. PP keep saying that it isn't fair to student B to not get as much help as he can, but how is that fair to student A? Life isn't about somebody helping you more than they help other people so you can pass a test you shouldn't pass in the first place. That is just teaching student B that he is entitled to pass something he shouldn't have passed. And it is teaching student A that no matter how hard he works, other people will get the help he needs to pass something they shouldn't have passed in the first place.

Sounds a lot like how the PA system works to me....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
this is exactly it. yes hes disappointed about the three points but that was his fault and he owned it. he wouldnt even care if the other student hadnt been given the chance to correct and then he was denied it. saying he doesnt deserve the same chance just because hes smart enough to afford to lose three points, doesnt mean hes not entitled to fair treatment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally, I think the rules should be the same for everyone. PP keep saying that it isn't fair to student B to not get as much help as he can, but how is that fair to student A? Life isn't about somebody helping you more than they help other people so you can pass a test you shouldn't pass in the first place. That is just teaching student B that he is entitled to pass something he shouldn't have passed. And it is teaching student A that no matter how hard he works, other people will get the help he needs to pass something they shouldn't have passed in the first place.

Sounds a lot like how the PA system works to me....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM
let me ask you a question. if you were boarding an airliner and you knew the person who installed the electonics systems and hydraulics systems was either student A or student B, which would you choose? the "know it all" or the "got a second chance and still failed" guy?

Quoting AmaliaD:

i think its a good example of how the rEAL world works.    student a.... is a know it all.   thats what happens to know it alls - they dont get second chances - they know too much!   student a needs to get over the 3 points and himself.    accept that they missed a question and be happy they are so blessed to be so smart.    people always recognise those who work hard and still struggle - they will be give supports in jobs and real life.   the college isnt going to investigate that petty of a complaint.    but if they want to learn that for themselves too - go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
let me ask you a question. if you were boarding an airliner and you knew the person who installed the electonics systems and hydraulics systems was either student A or student B, which would you choose? the "made himself perfect at it know it all" or the "got a second chance and still failed" guy?

Quoting Anonymous:

this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)