Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate breastfeeding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
I'm bfing because its best for my kids and that's fine but I really don't like it. I don't want to hear any advice or questions, I've already tried everything people on here have told me, I really just want people to commiserate with me - I just want to know I'm not alone. So, even if you LOVE it, think of one thing you don't like about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I don't enjoy breastfeeding, never have I'm extremely sensitive and its extremely uncomfortable. I have to focus on other things when Im nursing or I can't do it. Plus my son pinches me :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not for everyone. Only you and your body knows what you do or don't like. Don't let the breastfeeding nazis try to make you feel bad for not loving breastfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I HATED pumping. My little man never latched correctly as he was tongue tied. Pumping sucked so bad! It was painful and it totally RUINED what was once a nice rack.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I don't know if you mean sensitive like this but one thing I've had a hard time with is that when I think about breastfeeding my nipples get the same sensation as when I think about sex. It's creepy as hell and I hate it! That sensation used to put me in the mood, now I just get depressed lol

Quoting TSNDDY:

I don't enjoy breastfeeding, never have I'm extremely sensitive and its extremely uncomfortable. I have to focus on other things when Im nursing or I can't do it. Plus my son pinches me :/
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I hate when my son tries to take off running while latched. Or tries to latch while he still has food in his mouth. Ew.
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't like my nipples touched period. Never have, and yes if i actually think about it it creeps me out and I just want to get my son off of me..

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know if you mean sensitive like this but one thing I've had a hard time with is that when I think about breastfeeding my nipples get the same sensation as when I think about sex. It's creepy as hell and I hate it! That sensation used to put me in the mood, now I just get depressed lol

Quoting TSNDDY:

Dom519
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

there is nothing wrong with not liking breastfeeding some women just cant do or don't like it that is why we have formula. I breastfed my first son for 9 months and i didn't like the sore nipples and chapped nipples every now and then but i loved the bonding and knowing my son was getting the best milk i could give him. I have always been an advocate for doing whats right for u im pregnant now and will breastfeed my second son for as long as i can.   

CafeMom Tickers
TB78
by Tasha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I didnt like the sleepless nights or when he started teething. ouch! He would suck so hard on my nips during that time but he never bit them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I hated it, too. I pumped and eventually gave up. It was just too hard for me, the baby couldn't latch. I once spent three hours trying to get her to feed, it was frustrating. Once I was pumping and it caused my nipples to bleed.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I am not liking it anymore. I loved it with my first but by the time I was done nursing him I didn't like it. With #2 it's just a chore. Now that he's a toddler, I hate it and have to talk myself out of weaning him every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)