Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SS wants to throw a superbowl party on my birthday with update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
1 mom liked this

Knowing that the Superbowl falls on my birthday, he planned a party at my home, without really even asking about it. He just mentioned it in passing. He is 22 and lives with us and I am really hurt that he would do that. Since it's on Sunday, it works out perfectly because that's the only day everyone (including DH and my parents) has off of work so I planned my party for then. I told my SS that he is not having the party. He went to DH and DH came to me and suggested that we make it a joint party. I HATE football. I am a stay at home mom to my kids (10 and 14) and mine and DH's children (3, 5 and 7) plus my SS lives with us and my SDD's kids (5 months and 2 years) are always with me. I feel the LEAST everyone could do is celebrate my birthday with me and to make ME the priority on my birthday, at least in my home. DH still thinks we should do a joint party. I am so mad right now, I can't stand it.

I talked to DH and SS and told them that I am really hurt that after all I do for everyone, aparently, a football game is more important then my birthday. I am going on with my party as planned. Many replies were to the effect of  I am being seflish for wanting my birthday to be about me, who doesn't? The dinner I am planning with start at 5 so they will be able to watch the superbowl, there just won't be a party in my home for it (SS wanted to start the superbowl party at 4, again knowing it was my birthday and knowing I planned a party). SS complained that he already told his friends and it's not fair. I told him that if he wants to be able to throw parties whenever he wants, he should get his own place.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I have already decided that there will no Superbowl party in my home but I just needed to vent

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Tell them a Super Bowl party means you don't cook clean or do jack. Stay for some goodies then once they get rowdy take off for a massage or a pedicure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
That is rude of your ss and your dh is an ass for suggesting to make it a joint party.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
4 moms liked this

i'd be pissed as hell too.  i, however, would say fuck em and let them have their party and i'd go spend the whole day shopping and doing whatever the hell i wanted.  

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It sounds like his kids take advantage of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I want to have MY party that day, on MY birthday. Sunday is really the only day that everyone could make it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell them a Super Bowl party means you don't cook clean or do jack. Stay for some goodies then once they get rowdy take off for a massage or a pedicure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Sometimes I do too

Quoting mich.el.le:

It sounds like his kids take advantage of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I want to have my party

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i'd be pissed as hell too.  i, however, would say fuck em and let them have their party and i'd go spend the whole day shopping and doing whatever the hell i wanted.  

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I would be sooo pissed..that's selfish of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Is the SB a big deal in your house and to your family and friends?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)