Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Novasure

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 11 Replies
Who has had this done?
I had it done close to three weeks ago. The dr actually had to do it twice and now I went from the brown discharge to fire engine red blood. I swear if this is a period I am going to cry.

I also got my tubes tied if that could also be the cause although I'm not sure how
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I havent had it done yet but I am as soon as my bp gets under  control.  I'm really hoping that it stops my cycles to. lol  How much discomfort did you have during the precedure.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I was put under for because I had a tubal at the same time. It just felt (well the part I think was from the novasure) like a really really bad period or two days and then random cramping. The most annoying part is the brown tissue mucus that comes out for up to six weeks after

Quoting firefly63701:

I havent had it done yet but I am as soon as my bp gets under  control.  I'm really hoping that it stops my cycles to. lol  How much discomfort did you have during the precedure.

firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Ok thanks.  My tubes were tied 10 yr ago but I know on the info they gave me they can sedate me and I'm not   looking forward the the anesthesia shots in my vagina. Makes me want to lock my legs closed. lol  

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I was put under for because I had a tubal at the same time. It just felt (well the part I think was from the novasure) like a really really bad period or two days and then random cramping. The most annoying part is the brown tissue mucus that comes out for up to six weeks after

Quoting firefly63701:

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I've heard it's not to bad. If anything ask them for some laughing gas

Quoting firefly63701:

Ok thanks.  My tubes were tied 10 yr ago but I know on the info they gave me they can sedate me and I'm not   looking forward the the anesthesia shots in my vagina. Makes me want to lock my legs closed. lol  

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting firefly63701:

firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

OK

Quoting CM_Junkie:

I've heard it's not to bad. If anything ask them for some laughing gas

Quoting firefly63701:

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting firefly63701:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
What is it?
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
They burn away the lining of your uterus which will eliminate your period or bring it down to spotting

Quoting Anonymous:

What is it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Ah is that that net thing they blow up in your uterus that does that? I've always wondered about that procedure. I've already had a tubal. There really isn't any reading I need to keep bleeding every effin month kwim.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

They burn away the lining of your uterus which will eliminate your period or bring it down to spotting

Quoting Anonymous:

What is it?

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Yes it's the net but they really do it for extreme periods

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah is that that net thing they blow up in your uterus that does that? I've always wondered about that procedure. I've already had a tubal. There really isn't any reading I need to keep bleeding every effin month kwim.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I see. So are there side effects?

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Yes it's the net but they really do it for extreme periods

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN