Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

very nervous for my little guy need prayers and positive thoughts. update 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
my youngest (4 years old, 5 next month) is type one diabetic. He woke up this morning crying that he couldnt quit moving. I checked his blood sugar and he was 91. Now that isnt low but lower then want we want so we got up and had some yogurt. He seemed really out of it and confused. He couldnt walk straight or even stand. When I called the doc they asked me to bring him in. We have been at the er for two hours. He can kind of walk now, he cant stand on his own but still seems confused and out of it. Neurologist (sp?) has ordered an mri. Dont know how long we will have to wait for the results but the mri is scheduled at ten am. Also dont know how long we will have to be here either. Please pray, or give positive thoughts, or whatever it is you do for my son. Please Im scared.

Update 1: we just got done with the mri. He did so good. Sat still through it all without any medication. He is such an awesome little guy.

Update 2: Doc said mri came back normal. They want us to follow up with a pediatric neurologist to see if they could tell us more. The only conclusion the doc could come up with was a seizure but could not tell me if it was glucose related or not.

Update 3: we have an appointment with a pedi. Neurologist April 26. We will know more then. We dont have a pedi neurologist here and one comes up from another state every few months and thats when she is here next, thats why we cant get in sooner.

Update 4: the pedi neurologist ordered an eeg for Jacob. We are doing the eeg right now and will follow up with the doc shortly after to discuss the results. Will let you all know what they say.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

AWW hope everything turns out ok..prayers to you and your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Thank you

Quoting km1970:

AWW hope everything turns out ok..prayers to you and your son.

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I hope he's ok. That's scary and I could only imagine its really scary for him. Poor guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnvplus2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Sending good vibes your way. I hope everything turns out fine with him. Sounds scary :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Thank you.

Quoting kris1stbaby:

I hope he's ok. That's scary and I could only imagine its really scary for him. Poor guy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Prayers for you and the little one. Stay strong Mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Thank you. Its very start, I bet its even scarier for him and the worst is I cant really do anything for him but sit next to him or hold him.

Quoting tnvplus2:

Sending good vibes your way. I hope everything turns out fine with him. Sounds scary :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Prayers for you and the little one. Stay strong Mama.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM

oh gosh, sounds so scary!! praying for positive outcome!!

Dakota1228
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Prayers sent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)