Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who would you be mad at in this situation?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 45 Replies
Your child's coach sends out a text to all the parents and kids inviting them to a family skate night and coffee after. Your child is 13 recieves the text and asks to go, you say no because you have work the next day and your 13 year old throws a huge fit about it.
Are you mad at the coach for including your child in the fun with out asking you before inviting them, or your child for throwing a fit instead of understanding sometimes you can't always do everything and maybe they can next time?

Eta: this is not my child my daughters skating coach who happens to also be a close friend sent out an invite really just telling everyone it was family night and that it was $5 to get in and they where going.
She got a text from the parent of the 13 year old that said. "Next time please do not include (-----) in your invitation she doesn't like it when I tell her no and I have to work tomorrow" and now she's being all pissy about the whole thing.
My friend feels like it would be really screwed up to send out the invite and leave the one kid out #1 and #2 the girl really needs to grow up and her mother needs to be a parent! We are all close they have been skating for 6 years and have had sleep overs and even went to nationals with my friends family. So it's not like its her soccer coach for the season.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vanellope
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
The kid. He's 13, not 3. Life is full of shit we want to do but can't. Tell him to suck it up or you'll take the phone.
WendyJR
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Yep

Quoting vanellope:

The kid. He's 13, not 3. Life is full of shit we want to do but can't. Tell him to suck it up or you'll take the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melbornj
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM

The child.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
This. And there is no way I would
Be mad at the coach. It's not different than a birthday party invitation being sent home at school

Quoting vanellope:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trisha234
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
You child should be more understanding. Don't blame the coach for sending the invite. His intentions were good. Maybe your child could ride with a friend. I am sooo not looking forward to my DDs teen years!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trulymidear
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
No, wouldnt you be more upset if everyone else was invited except your daughter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

The child. If they are 13 they are old enough not to throw a fit.

VinniesMama310
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Both, a little.  But also, was there a compromise?  Could he go with a friend?  Could you go, knowing you have to leave early or ask another kid's parents to take him home?

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Kid. Coach was trying to be nice and do something fun. I don't even see being mad at the coach as being an option.

I guess I wouldn't even be mad at the kid. Kids throw fits and get posses when they don't get to do everything they want. 13 is still in selfish kid age range, I'd say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM

The child is 13. old enough to realise they cant go to everything.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured