Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't freaking believe this.....!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have $15,000 in the bank right now!!! This is a first! And we have a $8,000 tax return to look forward to as well! Yay!! SO happy!!!! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

good for you! I remember when we first started saving and how good it feels to have money in the bank. keep it up!!

Photo: -Randi.Photo

teeloffel
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Congratulations!!

I'm almost there with you. For the first time in my life, we have $13,000 in savings.  Not sure about our tax return (I'm certain it won't be as nice as yours), but still... we may actually get to buy our house soon!!  

Happy dance for you! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lucky. I have like $.50 in my bank account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Congrats, but I don't get why people post how much they have in the bank.  I just don't get it. If I wanted to post a happy post about money, I would just say something much more generic without the nitty gritty details. I honestly dont' think it is wise to post about how much you have in the bank. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Well we just moved into a house last month so we have lots of furniture to buy but we are going to take our time and only buy a few things at a time. Also have some small debts to pay off, start a college fund for ds ( so sad that he is 5 and we are just now starting to save) and the rest will sit in savings for a rainy day!!!

Quoting Trisha234:

Wow! Good for you, mama! Have any plans for it? House plans? Car? College for the kids? Or just a rainy day fund?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM

why not?

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats, but I don't get why people post how much they have in the bank.  I just don't get it. If I wanted to post a happy post about money, I would just say something much more generic without the nitty gritty details. I honestly dont' think it is wise to post about how much you have in the bank. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you!!! and congrats to you as well! We just bought our house last month, such an amazing feeling!

Quoting teeloffel:

Congratulations!!

I'm almost there with you. For the first time in my life, we have $13,000 in savings.  Not sure about our tax return (I'm certain it won't be as nice as yours), but still... we may actually get to buy our house soon!!  

Happy dance for you! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

thank you! really is an awesome feeling!

Quoting brettsmomma:

good for you! I remember when we first started saving and how good it feels to have money in the bank. keep it up!!

trailerrrtrash
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We have $6.72 in the bank lol

We've been hanging onto it for a week, trying not to run out of diapers...but we have it if we do! The gas tank is on empty, but $6.72 in gas doesn't even buy two gallons. Thank God DH gets paid today!

I hope we get to where you are one day. I'm in school so I can get a decent paying job. We can go from one income bringing home about $30,000 a year to two incomes making almost $80,000. That's not a whole lot of money for the amount of kids we have, but if we can make it now, we can definitely make it on that. I bet it's an awesome feeling after struggling to know you don't have to worry.

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM
That's good, well since you've been a good girl get yourself something nice ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

don't have to worry about that!!! since we were broke for so long, we have a hard time spending money even though we have it lol ya never know when something could come up and you NEED that money! There are a few things we need to buy since we just moved in our first home but we're not going to go crazy lol

Quoting kaiser10123:

Yay! That's awesome :) you don't spend it all in one place yah hear now!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)