Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't freaking believe this.....!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have $15,000 in the bank right now!!! This is a first! And we have a $8,000 tax return to look forward to as well! Yay!! SO happy!!!! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Ummmm. It is from deductions, credits and exemptions. The harder you work, the less you get. Sad, but true. Not saying you guys don't work hard. Just saying a refund check getting handed to you isn't hard work.... Your 15k in the bank, that's another story. Just talking about taxes here.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you think it comes from then?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol... I don't think the 8k tax return comes from working hard, planning and budgeting...

Quoting Anonymous:

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lucky. I have like $.50 in my bank account.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I wanted to get my foot in the door first.

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

$10? I was going to ask for $500.. maybe a grand lol

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Not at all. You made it sound like we just got lucky and did nothing to deserve what we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying my financial status is due to not saving or trying, or budgeting?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying that dh and I haven't worked hard for the money we've saved and some how just lucked into it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a pretty fine line between luck and determination.

Quoting Anonymous:

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
And a semen sample from a neighbor.

Quoting beerabitch69:

and I will throw in a urine sample!

Quoting Anonymous:

sure!! just send me your name, address bank account number and soc sec # hahhaha jk :)

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I see how you bitches work...trying to weasel your way in to get on my good side lol i'll be lucky if i can get any of that from dh to buy the shit we need for our house. He's great at earning money and saving it, not so much at the spending. Which is a good thing but DAMN can mama get a grand to buy some damn furniture lol

Quoting beerabitch69:

I wanted to get my foot in the door first.

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

$10? I was going to ask for $500.. maybe a grand lol

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

whooperz
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Congrats!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
No I didn't at all. That's simply the way you chose to perceive what I said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all. You made it sound like we just got lucky and did nothing to deserve what we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying my financial status is due to not saving or trying, or budgeting?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying that dh and I haven't worked hard for the money we've saved and some how just lucked into it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a pretty fine line between luck and determination.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Fuck ten...how bout $1000

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Ok, I see what your saying now lol This will be our biggest return to date and dh is making more than ever. I don't really understand how that works but hey, who am I to question it lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Ummmm. It is from deductions, credits and exemptions. The harder you work, the less you get. Sad, but true. Not saying you guys don't work hard. Just saying a refund check getting handed to you isn't hard work.... Your 15k in the bank, that's another story. Just talking about taxes here.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you think it comes from then?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol... I don't think the 8k tax return comes from working hard, planning and budgeting...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Really? Then how come the chick from another post paid in .94 and is getting back 8k? Or the one whose husband made 22k all year and is getting back 11k? If you think you get a larger tax refund implies harder working,you are confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

It does in a the since that he has worked his ass off to get into the position he is in at work. If he didn't, we wouldn't be getting nearly that amount back.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol, "its NOT hard to get...."

Im not saying they are moochers or anything.. Just saying your refund has nothing to do with hard work.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

It's really not that hard ot get 8k back Mrtgage credits, interest, children, school debts etc etc. It adds up the deductions you can have, and if you make less than 90,000 combined a year and have at least 3 kids you can easily walk away with that!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)