Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't freaking believe this.....!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have $15,000 in the bank right now!!! This is a first! And we have a $8,000 tax return to look forward to as well! Yay!! SO happy!!!! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Replies (51-60):
beerabitch69
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM

hes 75....this will  be tricky...

ok I am going in.

Quoting Anonymous:

And a semen sample from a neighbor.

Quoting beerabitch69:

and I will throw in a urine sample!

Quoting Anonymous:

sure!! just send me your name, address bank account number and soc sec # hahhaha jk :)

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM

What were your intentions then? Truly curious. I must be missing something because I'm not understanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I didn't at all. That's simply the way you chose to perceive what I said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all. You made it sound like we just got lucky and did nothing to deserve what we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying my financial status is due to not saving or trying, or budgeting?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying that dh and I haven't worked hard for the money we've saved and some how just lucked into it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a pretty fine line between luck and determination.

Quoting Anonymous:

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lucky. I have like $.50 in my bank account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM

you bitches are hilarious lol

Quoting beerabitch69:

hes 75....this will  be tricky...

ok I am going in.

Quoting Anonymous:

And a semen sample from a neighbor.

Quoting beerabitch69:

and I will throw in a urine sample!

Quoting Anonymous:

sure!! just send me your name, address bank account number and soc sec # hahhaha jk :)

Quoting beerabitch69:

can I borrow 10 bucks?

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Shoo.. I was beginning to wonder if i was being taken wrong. I wasn't saying anything bad about you, just stating tax refunds don't equate hard work..

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, I see what your saying now lol This will be our biggest return to date and dh is making more than ever. I don't really understand how that works but hey, who am I to question it lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Ummmm. It is from deductions, credits and exemptions. The harder you work, the less you get. Sad, but true. Not saying you guys don't work hard. Just saying a refund check getting handed to you isn't hard work.... Your 15k in the bank, that's another story. Just talking about taxes here.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you think it comes from then?

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol... I don't think the 8k tax return comes from working hard, planning and budgeting...

Quoting Anonymous:

not lucky..thats what happens when you work hard, plan and budget! This money did not come easy and it took us a LONG time to get where we are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Good. Leave it there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Intentions? To make a comment? What else would my intentions be? Lmfao

I made a comment, and you were offended over nothing apparently.

Quoting Anonymous:

What were your intentions then? Truly curious. I must be missing something because I'm not understanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all. You made it sound like we just got lucky and did nothing to deserve what we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying my financial status is due to not saving or trying, or budgeting?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you implying that dh and I haven't worked hard for the money we've saved and some how just lucked into it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Clearly I am confused lol I'll be the first to tell you that I don't really understand taxes or how the refund works. All i know Is dh is making WAY more than he ever has before and we are getting alot more back then we ever have. 

Regardless of that I was just giving my hubby props for working so hard and advancing so far in his company.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Really? Then how come the chick from another post paid in .94 and is getting back 8k? Or the one whose husband made 22k all year and is getting back 11k? If you think you get a larger tax refund implies harder working,you are confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

It does in a the since that he has worked his ass off to get into the position he is in at work. If he didn't, we wouldn't be getting nearly that amount back.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol, "its NOT hard to get...."

Im not saying they are moochers or anything.. Just saying your refund has nothing to do with hard work.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

It's really not that hard ot get 8k back Mrtgage credits, interest, children, school debts etc etc. It adds up the deductions you can have, and if you make less than 90,000 combined a year and have at least 3 kids you can easily walk away with that!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Lol... I don't think the 8k tax return comes from working hard, planning and budgeting...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I just don't understand what your comment meant. But whatever go on about your day. adios

Quoting Anonymous:

Intentions? To make a comment? What else would my intentions be? Lmfao

I made a comment, and you were offended over nothing apparently.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok then....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, you got "long, hard road"right! The biggest headache is the hosue payment in all reality, we are still paying 6% but we want to get some debt gone before refinancing-just so were not tunred down..We bought our house cheap 110,00. Beautiful house, BUT then 6 people put their houses on the market and we watched our house that was valued at 130,000(common for my area) drop to 85,000..:(...it is not back to valued at 100,000..but it will never get back the value we once had. Everyone else has let their houses undersell...So, we are focusing on the truck payment- getting rid of that payment, putting that payment savings/credit card. And soon and so forth until its all gone. We should be MOSTLY debt free within 2 to 3 years if we bust ass. But, we still have AMAZING credit scores- so thats a bonus!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly what we did. Young and dumb and no one around to tell us any different! Hey, atleast you realize it now and are doing what you have to to get them paid off. I have friends that have a ridiculous amount of debt and no interest in trying to pay it off. I guess they think it will just go away? It'll be a different story when they want to buy a house or anything else significant and their credit score is a 2 lol

It's a long hard road but keep your eye on the prize and you will get there!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't wait to be where you are! Congrats on picking yourself up and getting to this place :). The Mr. and I have a long ways to go to get there, but we will get there. We were young and stupid and took on debt we didn't realize how much of a bother it would be later, but now we know and are paying it off- one bill at a time :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Most of it will be left there. We are going to pay down some small debt and buy thinkg for the house we need but id say about 98% of it will stay in savings lol

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Good. Leave it there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)