Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And I don't work. We live on the farm he works on. I have my kids Tues- Fri every week and my XDH has them the rest of the time. I love my tractor man!

Ask me/us anything!

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (91-97):
gr8d8n3mom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Good for you. Farming is hard work. I dated a guy for 3 yrs who's family had a dairy farm.(and rented other land for the extra hay & corn)

I learned how to milk the cows,so the other brothers could have an evening off. I also learned how to feed calfs, clean out the barns with the little skid loader, and how to drive those huge tractors! I raked hay in the summer, and helped bale it.

I tease my now DH telling him I bet I'm the only gal he's ever been with that knows how to milk a cow BY HAND! LOL

Beef farms I imagine are just as hard work!

planning a wedding

Liz132
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I grew up on a farm, both my parents grew up on farms as did their parents. I don't farm anymore but I think it's in my DNA I love to garden, it drives me crazy that I can't be outside growing stuff this time of year!

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM
For the same reason you couldn't just pass up my reply, maybe. :)

Quoting Aleta775:

The ask me anything posts? No. Not always. Sometimes I learn a lot about people from them. I used to think that the whole submissive wife thing was stupid, but after reading some of the ask me posts, I got a perspective I didn't have before. Some of them are silly of course, and I usually don't pay that much attention to those. 

I have made an ask me anything post, because I saw a lot of ignorance about what people thought about witchcraft. I'm Wiccan and I thought it might be interesting to try to set the record straight. It had nothing to do with getting attention. 

If that is what you think of these posts, then why waste your time with such an inconsequential reply? Why not move on to a different post? 

This particular post resonates with me since I was raise on a farm. Quiet frankly, I often miss it. 

Quoting -_-:

Aren't these posts silly ways to get attention?

Quoting Aleta775:

Yes, but not in a good way. It is a silly way to get attention, but if it floats your boat so be it. 

Quoting -_-:

They got your attention, didn't they?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

What does he farm? Is it a profitable farm that he's just your BF and you don't work? Why do you only have your kids 3 days a week? Are you supposed to pay child support?

Aleta775
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I stopped on your reply partly because I was curious and partly because I found you annoying. LOL. 

Quoting -_-:

For the same reason you couldn't just pass up my reply, maybe. :)

Quoting Aleta775:

The ask me anything posts? No. Not always. Sometimes I learn a lot about people from them. I used to think that the whole submissive wife thing was stupid, but after reading some of the ask me posts, I got a perspective I didn't have before. Some of them are silly of course, and I usually don't pay that much attention to those. 

I have made an ask me anything post, because I saw a lot of ignorance about what people thought about witchcraft. I'm Wiccan and I thought it might be interesting to try to set the record straight. It had nothing to do with getting attention. 

If that is what you think of these posts, then why waste your time with such an inconsequential reply? Why not move on to a different post? 

This particular post resonates with me since I was raise on a farm. Quiet frankly, I often miss it. 

Quoting -_-:

Aren't these posts silly ways to get attention?

Quoting Aleta775:

Yes, but not in a good way. It is a silly way to get attention, but if it floats your boat so be it. 

Quoting -_-:

They got your attention, didn't they?

TotallyWarped
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM
It's a beef farm. We do well enough.

I have my kids Tues, wed, Thurs, and fri. And no, because it's joint custody. Neither of us pay anything just take care if the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does he farm? Is it a profitable farm that he's just your BF and you don't work? Why do you only have your kids 3 days a week? Are you supposed to pay child support?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leah.Rae
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Lol @ beef cows :)

Quoting TotallyWarped:

Beef cows. No, he's the main farm hand though. We have cows and pigs and a few goats.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

What does he farm? Does he own the farm? Is it just you two there or are there other people that live or help/work there? Are their animals?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)