Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

honestly, what would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this
I met this woman over the summer, she lives down the road from us, has two kids, I have three. Hers are around the same age as my oldest two. We started hanging out, inviting our kids to each other B days. I watch her kids, she watches mine. When she goes away I look after her house.

Yesterday it was her birthday and her husband planned a surprise bday party for her and I wasn't invited. Now she wants me to watch over her house. Part of me is hurt. I just want to say no. But maybe it's her husbands fault anyway. Who knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't want to, say no....plain and simple.

HanaJoii
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe her husband didn't realize the extent of your friendship. do you every hang out with her with out the kids?

CotterpinDoozer
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Has she mentioned anything about you not being at her party? If you don't want to do it, just say no.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe her husband forgot to invite you. Maybe he thought that you would be unable to get a sitter. I dont let things like that bother me. Sorry you are hurt.
beethann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
No. I don't think people see me as that type of person.

Quoting HanaJoii:

Maybe her husband didn't realize the extent of your friendship. do you every hang out with her with out the kids?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

maybe it was just family

mamakin616
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
5 moms liked this

If it's hurting you ,tell her" If I had known about you B-day party I would have made you something/Got you a card" etc. and see if she is aware you were not invited...she may think that you didn't come for another reason .If her husband planned it ,he may have forgor to invite you or the invitation could have been lost in the mail....But If you care about her friendship you should try and find out what  happened .

beethann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM
It was at a kids place.

How do things like that not bother you? I'masking you honestly.

Quoting lauren.m:

Maybe her husband forgot to invite you. Maybe he thought that you would be unable to get a sitter. I dont let things like that bother me. Sorry you are hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin1983
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Um it had nothing to do with her if it was a surprise party. Don't let this ruin your friendship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HanaJoii
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM

If you are really bothered by it maybe you should reach out to her. Suggest a girl's night out/in maybe go to the movies or grab some coffee together. Sounds like you need to work on the grown up aspect of your friendship if you want to get invited to the next party.

If her husband would have invited you would you have gone to the party?

Quoting beethann:

No. I don't think people see me as that type of person.

Quoting HanaJoii:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN