Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Helpppppppppp

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My 3 almost 4 year old doesn't listen to me. I've tried time outs, loss of toys, staying in bed all day but that doesn't work. The only thing that works is spanking. I feel like i am a failure because of it and I also wonder if my other two will be like that. I am at my wits end
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My ds was very stubborn as a toddler. He was extremely hyper and didnt listen. Spanking, which rarely happened,  most of the time didnt even work. So I dont have any advice for right now but eventually he will get better. He is better now because he is 10 so now I can take away tv, video games, ipod, ect

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Yeah but she listens to daddy it's making me angry

Quoting Anonymous:

My ds was very stubborn as a toddler. He was extremely hyper and didnt listen. Spanking, which rarely happened,  most of the time didnt even work. So I dont have any advice for right now but eventually he will get better. He is better now because he is 10 so now I can take away tv, video games, ipod, ect

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM

She's 4, she's not suppose to listen. At this age all your doing is creating good habits and setting the stage for good behavior when her brain develops a bit more as she gets older. If your consistent, you'll start to see progress usually around age 7 or 8.

A set daily routine, making it a habit to pick up toys at a set time & set times for other things as well, such as getting ready for bed, brushing teeth, etc, helps. When she does something wrong, tell her very very very simply we do not do X and put her in time out, 1 minute per age. At 4 yrs old that would be 3 - 4 minutes. She may or may not stay there, but you gave her the message. Be prepared to repeat yourself Hundreds of times a day.

Believe it or not, what you are most likly is getting though to her, but you won't see the results until she's much older.

This too shall pass, remind yourself often because before you know it, you'll blink and she'll be a teen and you'll wish for these days back. I do now. :-) Even the stuff that drove me crazy at the time, lol

Good luck, try & enjoy her a little. She'll give you plenty of laughs if you let her.

Anonymous

lol that always seems to happen. Mine didnt always listen for their dad but my ds was always excellent for my parents. They would go on and on about how good he was, then he'd come home and not listen to me. Does your ds have anything special he plays with or does that you could punish him with? Other than that I would say just be consistent! Even if you think its not working keep putting him in time out, ect so that he knows you wont put up with that behavior

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
Duct tape.
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM

If it works, use it. Spanking can be effective, as long as it is not done in anger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Sorry just realized its a girl not boy!

Quoting Anonymous:

lol that always seems to happen. Mine didnt always listen for their dad but my ds was always excellent for my parents. They would go on and on about how good he was, then he'd come home and not listen to me. Does your ds have anything special he plays with or does that you could punish him with? Other than that I would say just be consistent! Even if you think its not working keep putting him in time out, ect so that he knows you wont put up with that behavior

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM
It's okay, I don't think I stated in op

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry just realized its a girl not boy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
We let her watch movies with daddy IF she behaves and she knows if she doesn't then she doesn't get them, by this week she hast gotten one at all for it

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)