Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sleepover girl/boy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

do u see anything wrong with letting two 3yos have a sleepover in the same bed 1 girl 1 boy. not related.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Replies (41-48):
tifbrown
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I absolutely agree, I have told my girls that since birth. I had those talks with my friend, that she should be educating her daughter about that, and she held the "she is too young, it won't happen to her" mentality. It was one of those sad incidents where you know when you're right, but wish you weren't :(

Quoting StevieMarie:

You're right I cant. I understand now. But at the same time. My child knows the SECOND anyone touches her there, to jump up and come find me! All parents should teach them not to just let it happen, thats what I was taught. My dh experienced that as a child so we are big on preventative measures here.

Quoting tifbrown:

You can't compare your situation to all. It's not like someone is going to just come out and tell you "hey my husband molested my son". The mother or the boy didn't even know at the time, it didn't come out until a year later. I just figure when it comes to the safety of your kids, you are better safe than sorry. I don't have a problem with co-sleepovers at a young age, it's the sleeping in the same bed I have a problem with.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Hmmmm I had sleepovers with guy friends all the time growing up, in my room. You should know what happens in the other child's home before you allow that child to come over, first off. That person was not being smart enough to begin with, so I would hardly cement that as a rule. I always had co-ed sleepovers and it never go weird or intimate in any way.

Quoting tifbrown:

Seems overly cautious until it happens. And, it did happen to someone I know. The kids were almost 3 and 3.5. In the morning my friend's little girl came to her and told her that the boy had been touching her all night. She was mortified that it had happened in her own home and that it was something totally preventable. She found out later the poor little guy had a history of abuse. We were all shocked, they seemed like such a good, close family. To me, it's just not a risk worth taking.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Oh good LAWD!

Quoting tifbrown:

Not going to happen in my house. You don't know what goes on in the other child's home. It is an unnecessary risk. I would be fine with a sleepover, but not in the same bed.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

yes that is def wrong

trl12081208
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I would not be comfortable with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaileysMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting smushy79:

I wouldnt have anyone other than family sleepover at that age.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, that it just something I cannot respect in a parent in this day and age where its happening more and more. I get that you want to protect their rosy outlook but when it comes down to it, my daughters deserve to know. Its not something you should wait to explain. It can happen to any child at any age. People are sick. And molesters rareyl get a fair punishment. Couple months in jail usually, but I think all child molesters should be put down, regardless of their mental state.

Quoting tifbrown:

I absolutely agree, I have told my girls that since birth. I had those talks with my friend, that she should be educating her daughter about that, and she held the "she is too young, it won't happen to her" mentality. It was one of those sad incidents where you know when you're right, but wish you weren't :(

Quoting StevieMarie:

You're right I cant. I understand now. But at the same time. My child knows the SECOND anyone touches her there, to jump up and come find me! All parents should teach them not to just let it happen, thats what I was taught. My dh experienced that as a child so we are big on preventative measures here.

Quoting tifbrown:

You can't compare your situation to all. It's not like someone is going to just come out and tell you "hey my husband molested my son". The mother or the boy didn't even know at the time, it didn't come out until a year later. I just figure when it comes to the safety of your kids, you are better safe than sorry. I don't have a problem with co-sleepovers at a young age, it's the sleeping in the same bed I have a problem with.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Hmmmm I had sleepovers with guy friends all the time growing up, in my room. You should know what happens in the other child's home before you allow that child to come over, first off. That person was not being smart enough to begin with, so I would hardly cement that as a rule. I always had co-ed sleepovers and it never go weird or intimate in any way.

Quoting tifbrown:

Seems overly cautious until it happens. And, it did happen to someone I know. The kids were almost 3 and 3.5. In the morning my friend's little girl came to her and told her that the boy had been touching her all night. She was mortified that it had happened in her own home and that it was something totally preventable. She found out later the poor little guy had a history of abuse. We were all shocked, they seemed like such a good, close family. To me, it's just not a risk worth taking.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Oh good LAWD!

Quoting tifbrown:

Not going to happen in my house. You don't know what goes on in the other child's home. It is an unnecessary risk. I would be fine with a sleepover, but not in the same bed.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Well that's you and what you can handle and this is me and what I can handle. Dont know what to tell ya!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Okay I have 4 kids and still have sleepovers w/friends kids all the time since they were babies.  Sometimes having 6-10 kids here at a time.  I don't find it that big of a deal.  When you have 3 already what the heck is one more.

Quoting smushy79:

At 3 yrs old? Girl, Ive got 3 kids to contend with that dont always stay in their beds at night...dont need a 4th, lol!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Why?

Quoting smushy79:

I wouldnt have anyone other than family sleepover at that age.

jessi19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Just not comfortable with it. My nephew has a couple times dropped his pants for my daughter and niece. He didnt do anything and i know he's just being a typical boy but i dont want anything happening because they dont know any better

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Why?

Quoting jessi19:

i have a newphew 6 months older than my dd. there both 4 now but even at 3 were not allowed to sleep in the same bed. but they still had/have sleepovers! :)

lindsyka
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Nope no issues...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN