Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

um, ok.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I want to see what others opinions are of this. I have a neighbor, guy is 21. Girl is 20. They have two children. The guy is nothing but a drug addict, adderall, meth and pain pills. The guy is constantly complaining that he never gets a break... his kids go to the babysitters 4 hours everyday, while he sits at home getting messed up. And as soon as the kids come home his mom comes to his house to watch them. If she doesn't go to his house he starts yelling about how stressed he is and he can't handle it. --I want to slap him in the face and tell him to grow the fuck up. It isn't any of my business but he starts complaining to me and his mom talks to me about it all the time. I have since stopped going to the moms home so I don't listen to it. I just want to see how others would handle this, or what others think.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Like you said it's none of your business.
nikkip1
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Well, I think a few phone calls would be in order.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aikimomof3
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM

If the dude's a drug addict, I would be happy that at least he has someone else watching the kids the majority of the time.

But honestly, I mind my own business when it comes to my neighbors. So I wouldn't say or do anything unless I saw the kids being physically abused or neglected.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't associate with people like that and would be making a call to cps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

CPS....would be getting a call from me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Cps wont do anything lol so leave it alone.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

How do you know he's a drug addict? If all you know is from the mother then it's just gossip. Therefore none of your business.

Now if you've witnessed the parents actually doing drugs and/or not caring for the kids, then do something.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I would mind my own business unless I was worried about the kids being in danger. If you feel like the kids are safe then just let it go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I would totally ignore this family - not have a thing to do with any of them. If they try to talk to you, turn away.  If they continue, flat out say, until you get some help, let me alone.   If you see him using while the kids are home, call the cops.  It may be better for the kids to be taken away than to grow up in that environment.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

What kind of neighborhood do you live in that this is going on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)