Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think that the solution to the whole gay marriage issue would be to just do away with marriage completely.

Why should the government have any role in it?

If someone wants a priest/rabbi/swami whatever bless their union fine...that is a religious matter. Keep the government out of it.

Just require paternity test on all newborns to establish child support and couples can stay together or seperate as they see fit (which is pretty much how it is now anyway).

Allow anyone to name whomever they wish as "family" for purposes of inheritance, hospital visits, etc.

Make life so much easier.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Personally, I'd like to go back to 200 years ago, where respectable people got married, sometimes even arranged. If people weren't happy, they had affairs but they stayed married for the kids' sake. It kept families together, as they should. Anyone who had kids out of wedlock was ostracized, considered a whore. The kids were called bastards.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Quoting Mamitamaria:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Oh great! More rules for us to follow from the govt!

no...far fewer... the rules now about marriage and taxes and inheritance and paternity and divorce etc. are so complex.

You want to FORCE paternity test on newborns. Sounds like the government being involved to me!

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I agree with you.

I will most likely never get married again unless there is a hefty hefty prenup.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

No, they didn't. Marriage is patterned after Adam and Eve, the creations of our God.

Quoting Anonymous:

Marriage isn't religeous to begin with. Christains stole that too.

Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: If people weren't happy, they had affairs but they stayed married for the kids' sake. . Anyone who had kids out of wedlock was ostracized, considered a whore. The kids were called bastards.

so affairs are ok...but having a kid out of wedlock is not?

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I think any consenting adult should be able to marry any other consenting adult. I don't know why this is a problem!

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I agree

Quoting wkukid:

Or they could just let anyone who wants to get married as two consenting adults do so.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM

How would you regulate taxes if you did that? Anybody can claim whomever they want? This year, I'm claiming you as my companion....and next year, once we break up, I'll claim the next Joe Shmoe...Marriage IS more than a religious sacrament. It is part of the functionality of our government.

Just let gays get married already!

Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

we already "force" apgar test and a whole battery of other tests and procedures on newborns. This is no different. And replacing 1000's of rules with 1 is NOT adding government.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Mamitamaria:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Oh great! More rules for us to follow from the govt!

no...far fewer... the rules now about marriage and taxes and inheritance and paternity and divorce etc. are so complex.

You want to FORCE paternity test on newborns. Sounds like the government being involved to me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Yes it was.

Quoting Mamitamaria:

Quoting Anonymous: If people weren't happy, they had affairs but they stayed married for the kids' sake. . Anyone who had kids out of wedlock was ostracized, considered a whore. The kids were called bastards.

so affairs are ok...but having a kid out of wedlock is not?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)