Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think some of you moms may be lying.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
First let me say, the title is just to catch your attention. If anyone has a good explanation, please enlighten me. (I'm not trying to be sarcastic.)

I've seen several women post on here that they conceived while using an IUD. How can there be so many to claim that? Its effectiveness in preventing pregnancy is said to be 99.9%.

Anyway, what I'm more interested in is when women say they got pregnant with it and kept the baby. How is that possible? According to the information I received, continuing a pregnancy with an IUD is extremely dangerous for both the baby and mother. In most cases it is a tubal pregnancy. And even if it isn't, how would the IUD be removed without disturbing the fetus's implantation and therefore losing the baby?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
4 moms liked this

While that is true.

You look at the demographic of the site. Women. Mothers. So the likely of coming across a woman who has gotten pregnant while on BC is going to have a higher percentange than if you just ask 100 random women on the street.

tifbrown
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I wonder this too. I have an IUD and love it. But, my hubby's cousin got pregnant with one, or so she thought. It had actually fallen out and she didn't notice. 

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Well, I have two close friends that have gotten pregnant with an IUD......properly in place. 

One was with Paraguard, and she went full term and had a healthy little girl.  But, apparently BC just doesn't work for her.  LOL  Her first pregnancy she was on the pill.  2nd pregnancy she went in(at the correct time) to get another Depo shot and was prego.  Then came Paraguard baby.  After she was born she got her tubes tied and her hubby got a vasectomy.

My other friend got prego with Mirena in, she unfortunately lost that baby.

kandie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Maybe it moved. My iud moved, thankfully no oops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I HATE FAKE TITLES.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I really don't know and if this were titled properly I wouldn't have answered it.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Modern medicine? We're pretty advanced these days ya know....

other_mother
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I got pregnant on Mirena. However, I believe it was partially my fault. I started having some pain during intercourse and did not go in to get checked out. The IUD had twisted so it wasn't in a proper position and become imbedded in the side of my uterus. My pregnancy was due to the improper placement and the imbedding.

The pregnancy had to be terminated, and the IUD removal was a horrible experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM
K

Quoting Anonymous:

I HATE FAKE TITLES.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Didn't you know that biology works differently in the world of cafemom? In cafemom land, it is impossible to prevent pregnancy and 90% of all women are physically incapable of breastfeeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured