Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I ask, those of you that drink....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

do people, who are drunk, seriousy not realize they are drunk when they drive?

Long story short, there is a college girl in our community who was drinking on the bus on the way back from a schooll sponsored field trip.  She then got into her car to drive home (I guess) She killed a woman instantly. She and the guy in her car were not injured. She plead guilty and was sentenced to 15 years, however she didn't show up in time for the prison entry date or whatever - and is facing more time - more than likely 25 years total with no possible of parole.

Please watch this video:

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=136932

It is not gruesome or anything, I promise, but you have to see it......................

Its very sad b/c the woman died.  Very tragic.

But I have never had alcohol, seriously so do people not realize when they get into the car that they were drinking??????????????????????????????????????

She probably won't get out of prison untl she is 50 something. Sad for her, but even more sad for the family of the woman who died.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imultracool
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I think its more that ppl who drink and drive know they are drunk but don't care. I drink but have never driven drunk or even driven after consuming more than 1 beer. Its too risky and I could never live with myself if I took another persons life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I nevet drink so I sure as shit don't know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM
The most common thing a drunk driver says is "But I only had a couple of drinks!"
I was hit by a drunk driver when I was 18. I was nearly killed, but I had an angel watching over me and I survived. However, I have severe muscle damage on my left side because of the way my car was hit. The driver wasn't injured. I've been a huge advocate against drunk driving since and you can imagine my hurt and anger when my own brother got a DUI. He, of course, said he wasn't "really drunk" and "only had, like, 2!" I'm thankful he didn't kill anyone.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I've only gotten drunk a couple of times before I had my dd and I definitely knew that I was drunk. I wouldn't have gotten behind the wheel at all. I don't like driving even if I've only had a glass of wine. I'm a light weight. 

davnrori
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I drink, but I never drink, not even one drink, if I know I'm going to drive. I (and my then-bf) was hit by a drunk driver while a passenger in a vehicle. We were coming home from an ROTC ball, the guy who hit us was coming home from a wedding reception. It as midnight and he was driving with his lights off. We had a flashing red, he had a flashing yellow, we stopped, looked, but didn't see him. He T-boned us going 50 mph in a 35 mph zone (police estimates). We were driving a Ford ranger pick-up truck with bench seats and weren't wearing seatbelts (stupid, I know). However, that is what saved my bf's life. His side of the car was obliterated. If he had been belted in, he would have been stuck in place and would have been crushed. The force of the impact pushed him across the bench seat towards me and out of the way. He ended up with a dislocated shoulder and 3 cracked ribs, I ended up with a severely bruised cheek bone, cracked orbital bone (from my bf's head hitting mine when he was thrown across the seat), a scalp laceration requiring 34 staples, and various other cuts and bruises. We were both in the hospital for a week. So, no, I don't drive drunk, I don't ride as a passenger with people who are driving drunk, and, when in my power to do so, I don't allow anyone to drive drunk if I know they've been drinking. If you choose to drive drunk and injure or kill someone, you deserve everything the law gives you.

Jemmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I've gotten drunk and know damn well I'm drunk. I won't drink unless I know I'm staying at a friends because I refuse to drink and drive.

mrs.hummus
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I drink but I never drive while drunk. I don't drive at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I drink and I always know when I can't drive - when Im not 100% sober. You can tell. Those who drive anyway just don't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I drink A glass of wine or A mixed drink or A beer, I have not, ever, been so much as tipsy. People who drink and drive KNOW what they are doing and are selfish and stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Expect for the occasion I was black out drunk and obviously was incapable of thinking and had friends that walked me to my car and have me my keys, I have never driven drunk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)