Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She forgot she put her 5 week old on top of the car! Crazy!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you ever placed your cup of coffee on top of your car, only to forget about it and drive away, your cup still steaming on top? Have you ever placed your baby’s car seat, with your baby strapped inside of it, on top of your car, only to forget that your little one is still up there - so you drive away?

19-year-old Catalina Clouser “put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.”

The baby was discovered in the roadway, uninjured and still strapped in his car seat, by neighbors. The police believe that Clouser was under the influence of something, most likely marijuana, which impaired her judgment.

The baby is now in the custody of Child Protective Services.

I’ve forgotten a water bottle on top of my car. And when I was younger, I had an outdoor cat that liked to sunbathe on the top of my mother’s van; and he once stayed up there while my mother began driving to the grocery store (he jumped off at the first stop sign).

Forgetting that your baby is on top of the car and driving away seems unbelievable! Not hearing the car seat fall off, and continuing to drive – still forgetting – seems much crazier. He was 5 weeks old… how do you forget that? You don’t – if you can’t be responsible enough to keep your judgment intact at all appropriate times, you should not have children.

What’s the craziest thing you placed on top of your car but forgot about, and then drove away?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Why the hell would he be put on the damn roof to begin with??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this

This story is months old, I remember when it happened

and she was high if I recall

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Um no. That is horrible. I cant even imagine....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I don't set stuff on top of my car.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM

That´s what I was wondering, too...

Quoting camsmami:

camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM
5 moms liked this
Here's your problem with young mothers these days. Getting high and partying and being a dumbass is more important then raising your child. Therefore creating instances like so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I never forgot my coffee, purse, let alone a child on the roof of my vehicle. I don´t put anything there to begin with. 

I´m glad the little boy is not injured!! Poor little thing...

camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Right?!? I never even thought about putting my daughter on the roof. Even if i did have an arm full of stuff. She would stay inside while i put stuff in the car and then i would bring her out. And if i did sit her down it was just that. Right next to me.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

That´s what I was wondering, too...

Quoting camsmami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Who the hell puts their carseat on top of the car anyway...*smh*????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I can't set anything on top of my truck. But if i had a car I would never set my childs car seat on top of it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)