Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If the f***ing school is closed.. Edit * edit again - found him*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Where the hell is my kid?  According to the local news channels (all three local stations say the same thing) my sons school closed early..... This was announsed two hours ago. TWO F*CKING HOURS!!!!! Usually I get an automated alert call in the case of something like this, but today I have not. So where is my child? I tried calling the school - no one is answering.  Not getting anyone at the bus garage either.  I'm super pissed and super worried!  My So is going to drive to the school and see what is going on.

Again, I would have been looking into this sooner but I didn't even know about the school closing till my older son got home early (he goes to a different school) and told me his teacher said the whole district had closed early.  I thought " Strange, I didn't get the alert now call..." and checked online.  I had actually been keeping my phone close because I was half expecting to get that call.....heard on the radio some other local districts had.

Well, So should be there any minute......

Here's what happened. Two busses got stuck while on their high school runs.  None of the parents of kids on these busses, or the kids on their later routes, were called. My son was supposed to be one of the later runs, my So brought him home.  My So said that there were alot of ticked off parents there.  Also half the parents in the district are complaining because no one got the alert message announcing the early dismissal.  Alot of kids were sent home to empty houses because parents were unaware of it.    

Thank you to the ladies who were kind and supportive. To the ladies suggesting that I should have walked - I have a 2 month old and a 3 yr old. Should I really have dragged them 7 miles in below zero temps when thir father was already on his way there in the van?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Replies (111-120):
lovenMyfamily
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I am so glad everything worked out!!! :)

poietes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Actually it is, if one parent is already out looking then the other is supposed to stay home. It would be stupid to let the kid come home to an empty house. On a side note our bus driver made sure we had his cell number one the first day of school so we can get a hold of him directly.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Sorry...apparently any suggestion that does not equal sitting at home WAITING is irrational.

Quoting brittney28:

I'd be calling s freaking taxi! I'd be walking,running or whatever it took! I'd be freaking out!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Oh *looks down* I guess not everyone has leg...my bad.

Quoting surromama:

She's been making calls and as soon as she heard she sent dh to the school since he was out in their only car.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I don't know I would have gotten up myself and figure out a way to get where I needed to get in order to find my child. I would have been out there before coming on cafemom and been calling my husband on the way there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am so very glad he was found safe and sound! Im happy you kept your cool and was rational unlike some of the other nasty ladies here!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
So dragging out two little children in freezing temps is the rational thing to do? She did the smart thing and waited for her dh.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Sorry...apparently any suggestion that does not equal sitting at home WAITING is irrational.

Quoting brittney28:

I'd be calling s freaking taxi! I'd be walking,running or whatever it took! I'd be freaking out!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Oh *looks down* I guess not everyone has leg...my bad.

Quoting surromama:

She's been making calls and as soon as she heard she sent dh to the school since he was out in their only car.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I don't know I would have gotten up myself and figure out a way to get where I needed to get in order to find my child. I would have been out there before coming on cafemom and been calling my husband on the way there.

roxiekittie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM

whatever, dont worry about them, i mean i dont have a car, and im lucky if i could get a ride,  so i know how hard taht is, but yes i would be freaking out as well did u try calling the police?

Quoting Anonymous:

This

Quoting OneToughMami:

SunshineBird
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Oooooooh, I'd be PISSED at the school! I mean, WTF! 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Scary....

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Op, so glad you found him!! I had a moment like that. My son went over to his friends house without telling us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I'm glad he was found and safe! I will say, that I would be contacting the district about the failure to notify of early closure.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Livigirlsmom322
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Glad he is safe!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)