Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NUTRITION COMPARISON.. HEALTHY FOOD.. AND JUNKFOOD..

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (41-50):
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add less doctor visits due to being healthy to the plus side also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM
4.99 my ass its more like 8.99
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Oooh I need to see these recipes. Your diet sounds great.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

LOL I need a WAY better camera. But thank you Gweb :P

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

I know I see her post delicious looking recipes on fb!

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Not being rude, just truly curious but with all you cut out what do you eat? How hard was it to switch?

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Yeah I don't get it either. I say we can't afford NOT to eat right.

I changed my diet 4 months ago, cut out sugar, dairy, all grains, gluten, soy- I've lost 53 pounds and it is AMAZING how great I feel. My daughter is on week 2 no refined sugar, no dyes, no dairy. Her teacher called 3rd day in to say her behavior has been amazing.

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Thanks. I think it is very interesting the things we think we can "splurge" on in terms of food.. And yet we give up things that are really the nutritional and vitamin rich foods our bodies are truly craving

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Love it

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Perhaps the organic chicken is only 2lbs. And the difference is it isn't injected with hormones, nor giving a shit diet and also the organic chicken isn't injected with water to make it appear bigger.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

What is that? 2lbs of chicken maybe? I can get a bag of boneless skinless non-organic for the same price and it has 3.5lbs. Nobody is staying we should all eat a bunch of junk... That's not a good comparison. A real comparison would be non-organic versus organic... Processed meals versus unprocessed. That's where the money lies and the real results are.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I pretty much make up my own stuff. I have a hard time with recipes :P But if you want specifics, PM me and I'll see what i can find for you

Quoting Anonymous:

Oooh I need to see these recipes. Your diet sounds great.
HelloSweetie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I recently found out they inject gluten and water under the skin of chicken before the package it. EW

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Perhaps the organic chicken is only 2lbs. And the difference is it isn't injected with hormones, nor giving a shit diet and also the organic chicken isn't injected with water to make it appear bigger.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

What is that? 2lbs of chicken maybe? I can get a bag of boneless skinless non-organic for the same price and it has 3.5lbs. Nobody is staying we should all eat a bunch of junk... That's not a good comparison. A real comparison would be non-organic versus organic... Processed meals versus unprocessed. That's where the money lies and the real results are.

Jennifer63080
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Care to share your daily/weekly menu??  and recipes?

We are slowly converting to vegan/clean eating. We also need to do as low carb as possible because SO is diabetic. I've noticed that a lot of vegan recipes have pasta. I'm not a fan of soy either.

LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I vote we rally at all stores and demand a bigger Organic section and if they say "we have no room" tell them that long ass candy aisle would be perfect. 

Jennifer63080
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM

agreed! We are switching to a more plant-based diet and without me even mentioning it to my doctor, she commented on how my immune system must have recently gotten a boost, because the abnormal cells on my cervix were completely gone!

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Add less doctor visits due to being healthy to the plus side also.

bigmessylife
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM
We do organic/non GMO and we're vegan so it's really not too expensive at all. I spent $40 at the grocery store this weekend on beans, fruits, and veggies and that will feed my family of 4. Our next step is gluten free and we have been eliminating it more and more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN