Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NUTRITION COMPARISON.. HEALTHY FOOD.. AND JUNKFOOD..

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (61-64):
HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

You're taking it as a bash against parenting. It is informative. Damage is more easily done to developing brains- that's point it's making- you're making it about whose a better parent when it's really about informing people of the risks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not guilty. We eat pretty healthy here. Yes we have some junk and processed but hey oh well. My family is happy and healthy, none are overweight or have health concerns. It's jut usually how the post end up. At first it looked just informative but when it then goes to attack she kids aka where  it hurts parents the most I laughed. While it may be true..... Why on,y say the kids. Why not EVERYONE. That's why usually it turns into I'm a better parent thing. 

Quoting danie24:

That's not what she wanted to hear. She just wanted to share some information.

Don't throw YOUR guilt in her face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm ok you're better than me... You're the better parent. Is that what you wanted to hear?

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

http://www.organicfoodcoupons.com/organic/coupons/plu/

Quoting MamaToCollin:

Can someone explain the PLU codes?

How can I tell what is a GMO food or not?

Also, where do you shop?  My small town has a Wal-Mart and Kroger, and unfortunately, Wal-Mart is cheaper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM
That's great and all, but not everyone can afford it. We eat organic when we can, but at $300 a month food budget for 6 people, and I can get a pack of chicken to feed us all for $5 vs. $20 on organic chicken to feed us, it's NOT possible. We don't buy junk either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM
It's cafemom..... Everything is usually a bash against parenting lol

Quoting HelloSweetie:

You're taking it as a bash against parenting. It is informative. Damage is more easily done to developing brains- that's point it's making- you're making it about whose a better parent when it's really about informing people of the risks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not guilty. We eat pretty healthy here. Yes we have some junk and processed but hey oh well. My family is happy and healthy, none are overweight or have health concerns. It's jut usually how the post end up. At first it looked just informative but when it then goes to attack she kids aka where  it hurts parents the most I laughed. While it may be true..... Why on,y say the kids. Why not EVERYONE. That's why usually it turns into I'm a better parent thing. 

Quoting danie24:

That's not what she wanted to hear. She just wanted to share some information.

Don't throw YOUR guilt in her face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm ok you're better than me... You're the better parent. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)