Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should girls be allowed to play football?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Should girls be allowed to play football??

Options:

Yes.

No.

Other, please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

What do you think?

I would say yes, because any child should be able to do what they really want to do - but at the same time, I would think that it's pretty dangerous for a girl, because we aren't built like boys.

Here is a petition for an 11 year old girl to play on her schools team - if you would like to sign. I really just wanted ya'lls opinion on it.
http://www.change.org/petitions/let-girls-play-football-stop-the-discrimination-by-the-archdiocese-of-philadelphia-cyo-office?alert_id=GXbtChISDa_vGGBMKFNcP&utm_campaign=17170&utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Bump.

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

If my daughter really wanted to, sure. I would be scared to death for her, but hey, she's as big as my son, and he's 3 years older than her... so if I let him play, i might as well let her. Now when she's  a teen, I realize she will more than likely be smaller than my son... but i would probably let her.. 

mom2cheesebug
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I think an all girls team would be okay, we had powder puff football. I could never play with the boys, they just hit too damn hard. If they break bones on other boys, what would happen to a girl? We just r not built the same. So i would say yes to an all girls team and no to a girl playing on a boys team.
two4one
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM

If she is up to the standards the coach sets, then yes, a girl should play.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

You letting her, and the school letting her are different though.

Do you think the school should allow it?

Quoting workingmama86:

If my daughter really wanted to, sure. I would be scared to death for her, but hey, she's as big as my son, and he's 3 years older than her... so if I let him play, i might as well let her. Now when she's  a teen, I realize she will more than likely be smaller than my son... but i would probably let her.. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Absolutely....Why Not?

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM

ohhh gotcha...

yea I think they should at the very least allow girls to try out... and if a girl is good enough to play, then definitely.

The local high school here started a powder puff football for the girls because they would wine about wanting to play. But it's noncompetitive! 

Quoting Anonymous:

You letting her, and the school letting her are different though.

Do you think the school should allow it?

Quoting workingmama86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Bumpity

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM
If she can meet all the physical requirements and take the hits, sure. But, the truth is that after puberty, most girls cannot match up to boys in football.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM

You know what is sad? That is is even a QUESTION that a girl should be allowed to play.  Your sexual organs should have no bearing on whether or not you are "allowed" to play a sport.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)