Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're on PA you shouldn't have

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Pets! Am I right or am I right? I mean if you can't afford basic needs for your family then you shouldn't be able to afford basic needs for a pet.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Yes, because our children should never experience learning to be responsible for another living being while it will greatly impact them?

Good thinking.

Btw, we dont have pets, but one day we might.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM

here they give you vouchers to take your pet to the vet

Quoting wkukid:

The humane society isn't a vet.

Quoting Anonymous:

suppose they go to the humane society and get it free?  does the pet not deserve to live because the owner has a temporary setback?    

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone can afford pet food and proper vet visits for an animal then tax payers should not have to pay to feed their children or for Medicaid for their children. 

Quoting beingme75:

And...y shouldn't people on PA have pets?? I'm not following what pets and PA have to do with eachother..my brain hurts..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM

So they can get more free stuff?! I've been doing it wrong all these years. I thought people were suppose to work for their needs and wants. I should just quit my job and get housing assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and free pet food. Plus a coach purse and a new iphone. Damn it, man! What have I been working for? 

Quoting Anonymous:

suppose they go to the humane society and get it free?  does the pet not deserve to live because the owner has a temporary setback?    

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone can afford pet food and proper vet visits for an animal then tax payers should not have to pay to feed their children or for Medicaid for their children. 

Quoting beingme75:

And...y shouldn't people on PA have pets?? I'm not following what pets and PA have to do with eachother..my brain hurts..

beingme75
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Ok, so if I'm on PA, I shouldn't own a fish bc they r really expensive to feed? So, if I own a dog, I should put my old dog in the crowded pound or kill it bc I have a temporary situation? Should I give my kids over to their grandparents also?? Humans have chosen to domesticate animals so have a responsibility to them! On a side note, pet food is given at food pantries

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beingme75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM

STFU already no one cares!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

So the humane society pays for vet visits? Why didn't I know this before lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

here they give you vouchers to take your pet to the vet

Quoting wkukid:

The humane society isn't a vet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beingme75:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
If hard times fell on you could you get rid of your pet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

no, actually there are SO many unwanted pets, there's a program here to help families adopt...including vet care and pet supplies

Quoting Anonymous:

So they can get more free stuff?! I've been doing it wrong all these years. I thought people were suppose to work for their needs and wants. I should just quit my job and get housing assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and free pet food. Plus a coach purse and a new iphone. Damn it, man! What have I been working for? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beingme75:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

How about you set an example for them and actually take care of them yourself?! Maybe, just maybe that will greatly impact them and they won't latch on to the governments tit when they're adults? 

Quoting bellaamore:

Yes, because our children should never experience learning to be responsible for another living being while it will greatly impact them?

Good thinking.

Btw, we dont have pets, but one day we might.

.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

They just shouldn't have anything, just walk around with those hospital footies everywhere and beg for money in a cup, and live out of refrigerator boxes.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)