Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I slapped my 19 month old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
I was sleeping and my little girl was crying. I only was half awake (???) and I managed to hook her up to nurse but I was dreaming about this bug and I went to slap the bug and I hit her face. I woke completely up when she started to cry and I realized what I did. I felt awful but she was ok. She didn't even have a mark. I feel sooo guilty though.

Idk how this happened it was really weird because I was kinda dreaming while kinda awake. It happened once before several years ago when my dad was asking me where something was and I was dreaming that he was asking me where the eggs were and I kept telling him they were on this non existant table.

Has this ever happened to anyone?
Should I worry about it happening again?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM
No. never happened to me.

:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I feel so awful. It was early this morning and I still can't get past the guilt. She isnt bothered at all though

Quoting LyTe684:

No. never happened to me.

:(

PresleyLove
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I've woken up doing silly things.. And saying silly stuff... But I don't recall slapping my child.. It's funny, you didn't mean it, I mean I'm sorry that happened but I'm sure she will forget about it. I'm assuming you kissed and hugged her repeatedly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

From the sounds of it, it was an accident. Don't fret! 

I was standing at the sink one day doing dishes and the little girl I watch walked up behind me. I turned, not realizing she was behind me and hit her in the face. I felt to terrible but I also realized it was an accident. After we both cried, it was done and over with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM
7 moms liked this

19 months?  My kid was eating steak at that age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM
She hasn't said a thing since and she has been her regular self all day.

Quoting PresleyLove:

I've woken up doing silly things.. And saying silly stuff... But I don't recall slapping my child.. It's funny, you didn't mean it, I mean I'm sorry that happened but I'm sure she will forget about it. I'm assuming you kissed and hugged her repeatedly.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

its never happened to me sorry. but I have attempted to slap dh while fully asleep and he was trying to wake me

mariesmama
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

this isnt a spinoff of the i slapped my special needs 3 yr old post is it?

TashaB82
by Tootie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I accidentally kicked my 4 yr old niece in the face a few mins ago. She was hiding by my bed and I didn't know it and when I swung my feet off the side  I hit her. I've told her lil butt my room is not a place for her to play!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
7 moms liked this
She still nurses, I have no medical reason to stop and she still wants to. Breast milk is still good for 19 month olds.

Quoting Anonymous:

19 months?  My kid was eating steak at that age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)