Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SCABIES! WTF! *UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
About a year and a half ago, my&DF got scabies. Fucking gross. Someone gave them to us. Idk who, we tried to find out, but never could. We are clean people, my df has severe ocd so my house is spotless because I love cleaning. I'm not kidding, my house is really clean. Anyway, we never found out. I was pregnant at the time and devestated. Now guess what? We have it. My daughter is almost a year old, and she has fucking scabies! I'm balling my eyes out because I don't know what to do. I have the treatment for her, and am getting it for me&DF tomorrow, but I'm just so upset right now. I'm so embarrassed and I can't talk to anyone. I cried in the pediatricians and the whole way home. There not positive its that, but DF & DD have the same rash and I remember what it looks like. I'm so upset. How did this happen?!?!?! Why? Why does this have to my daughter, a little baby?

Update;
I know it's easily contracted, and everything I'm just so upset that DD has it. I'm not like a freak parent who has a meltdown when her kid gets head lice from school. When me&DF got it I didn't freak, just dealt with it and moved on. But my baby has yiy and its so sad and scary for me to think that she has little bugs al over her body :'( I'm sorry if I sounded like a drama queen, I'm really not I swear this is just so sad to me and I just don't understand how we got it again :'(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Oh no! I don't know much about scabies from the sound of it can't be good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Ewwwww.
tleedavis
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I work with homeless people that have scabies, and it's just gross. I'm sorry that you are dealing with that. Good luck.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Just remember it isnt your fault. it's kind of like lice...someone else had to have it to give it to YOU. Who has you or your husband been around lately that could be the culprit?

I've never dealt with that but I heard it's pretty miserable. 

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I had scabies once due to my line of work. Its really no big deal. Wash everything and do the treatment you will be just fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
U'll live. My sister's whole family caught it from either the guy she was cheating with, or her friend that he was also sleeping with, but it can be caught from anything, like using a toilet someone who had it used. Just put ur cream on, wash everything, and it'll be alright. Bad things happen to good people all the time
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
My DHs grandmother had it once when she lived here. You can catch it from random people, not even having to be people you know! Hope it goes away ASAP!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Take a breath. This is not like roaches or something that happens because you are dirty. It's very common if you come in contact with people in a hospital, people living in retirement homes, dorms...etc. It is even considered an STD sometimes. You have to come in close contact with a person who has it.

We got it from my brother a couple years ago, and he is like you guys OCD clean. He was a college student and worked out in the facilities they have and hung out with guys who lived in the dorms. My parents had it too.

Nurses are common sufferers of this too.

Use the cream, wash linens and clothes in hot water, bag the items that can't be washed. This too shall pass.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

it sucks, but it not that uncommon. you can get scabies from shaking someone hand. i got it when i was 7 months pregno with ds. i got it from my cousins dh who went to india for work, and i watched the kids when he came home. wash everything, use the meds. you'll be good.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Having scabies has nothing to do with being "dirty".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)