Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think its child abuse?...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
To let a two year olds tooth rot because the parent cannot afford dental insurance or to pay for a visit upfront. They brush the babies teeth in the morning and at night. The tooth came in and quickly rotted from breastfeeding(she said the baby would fall asleep with milk in his mouth). I feel so bad for the baby and atleast its a baby tooth but do you think its child abuse? Also the mom is afraid for when she is able to take the baby to the dentist that they will call Cps on them. Other than this the parents are good parents. She plans on taking him to the dentist next month
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Bump
Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Can't they get Medicaid?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's abuse.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Did they at least take the child to a regular doctor? A two year old's teeth do not just rot out, and definitely not from breastfeeding. They would need to make sure that there are no underlying causes. That being said, if teeth come in super early (especially if they are born with them), they do tend to rot. I really can't imagine the dentist reporting them unless he is a jerk.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
No I don't think its abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
It's not from breastmilk you idiot! And she should get medicade if it quickly rotted its probably genetics or the baby hit it on something to discoloure it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
She said she applied but was denied I'm not sure why...she said she was going to put the baby on her husbands insurance but she can't do it until the 15th of next month

Quoting Kat31:

Can't they get Medicaid?

brittany208
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Little kid's teeth do not just rot like that. Definitely not with breastmilk and brushing twice a day. I don't know that its abuse, but she needs to take care of it soon! Around here they are always sending out "dentist visit for new patients--39$" or they have groupons for them. So.... it really doesn't have to be that expensive to go in for just a cleaning. (I know she's past that stage now, but just saying...)

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
All of this. Breastfeeding does not rot your teeth! Lol

Quoting mommyrustina:

Did they at least take the child to a regular doctor? A two year old's teeth do not just rot out, and definitely not from breastfeeding. They would need to make sure that there are no underlying causes. That being said, if teeth come in super early (especially if they are born with them), they do tend to rot. I really can't imagine the dentist reporting them unless he is a jerk.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Oh my. Calm down buddy...

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not from breastmilk you idiot! And she should get medicade if it quickly rotted its probably genetics or the baby hit it on something to discoloure it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN