Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think its child abuse?...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To let a two year olds tooth rot because the parent cannot afford dental insurance or to pay for a visit upfront. They brush the babies teeth in the morning and at night. The tooth came in and quickly rotted from breastfeeding(she said the baby would fall asleep with milk in his mouth). I feel so bad for the baby and atleast its a baby tooth but do you think its child abuse? Also the mom is afraid for when she is able to take the baby to the dentist that they will call Cps on them. Other than this the parents are good parents. She plans on taking him to the dentist next month
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
jessi19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

ummm babies teeth dont rot from breastmilk. formula actually has a lot more sugar and other bad things for teeth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I'm just going off of what she said. She said that the baby would fall asleep with milk in his mouth and she thinks thats why it rotted!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not from breastmilk you idiot! And she should get medicade if it quickly rotted its probably genetics or the baby hit it on something to discoloure it.

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Well....yes and no.  Yes, it is abuse in a sense because it seems like she's not doing everything she possibly can to get her kid to the dentist.  There are many, many programs available for low income kids.  It's possible that she may not know about them.  HOWEVER, if there isn't anything and she's doing the best she can, well then it's a catch 22.  I definitely don't think CPS should be involved.  

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Hello no its not abuse just really sad circumstances :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

That's rare (and according to some, not possible) and I'll bet it's not the reason for the decay.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just going off of what she said. She said that the baby would fall asleep with milk in his mouth and she thinks thats why it rotted!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not from breastmilk you idiot! And she should get medicade if it quickly rotted its probably genetics or the baby hit it on something to discoloure it.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Breastfeeding doesn't rot teeth.
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

If anything, breastmilk would have prevented that, even with falling asleep with it in his mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM
No

But if they are that broke they should apply for Medicaid or low cost health insurance thru Medicaid.
lewinsky
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM

parenthood except a great joy is a great responsibility as well. i think parents who cant afford a doctor or dentist check up should wait with the baby for better times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN