Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think its child abuse?...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To let a two year olds tooth rot because the parent cannot afford dental insurance or to pay for a visit upfront. They brush the babies teeth in the morning and at night. The tooth came in and quickly rotted from breastfeeding(she said the baby would fall asleep with milk in his mouth). I feel so bad for the baby and atleast its a baby tooth but do you think its child abuse? Also the mom is afraid for when she is able to take the baby to the dentist that they will call Cps on them. Other than this the parents are good parents. She plans on taking him to the dentist next month
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM

For PP just because breastmilk didn't rot your baby's teeth doesn't mean it doesn't lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Oh so only you are allowed to throw out names?

Hmm

Quoting mommyrustina:

Quote the right person before you start throwing around insults..

Not even google university shows any indication of breastmilk being cariogenic. Try again. Breastmilk is capable of killing the bacteria responsible for tooth decay unless the child is predisposed for tooth decay, for example, naturally soft tooth enamel.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've heard it happens more than people think because of breast feeding. Not because it's breast milk but because of falling asleep with milk in the mouth etc...

Your the fucking idiot. Go google

Quoting mommyrustina:

If anything, breastmilk would have prevented that, even with falling asleep with it in his mouth.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just going off of what she said. She said that the baby would fall asleep with milk in his mouth and she thinks thats why it rotted!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not from breastmilk you idiot! And she should get medicade if it quickly rotted its probably genetics or the baby hit it on something to discoloure it.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Yes, it is neglect to not get treatment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I don't know. I don't think its "abuse", per se, but its not good either. Just a fyi, in my area, several local dentists have a charity where a few days per year they see patients free of charge. Maybe there is something like that in her area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
It's beyond cruel and medical neglect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
unusualmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Cant they go to a clinic. Those are discounted prices. The have a dental clinic here once a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually failing to take care of your children's medical needs can get cps called on you. 

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Breastmilk doesnt do that.

The nipple is so far back in the mouth that it would be past the teeth, and hed have to suck to have anyin his mouth.

southernbelletx
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Yes, I think it's abuse/ neglect. That's fucking nasty and I feel awful for the child. A dental school prob could've done the work for free.. There's not really an excuse I would've been selling my stuff to get that taken care of.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)