Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should people on pa be allowed to have ???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What should people on pa be allowed to have ? Only a place to live and enough clothes to be dressed ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (131-135):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I'm just confused I guess. Why would someone qualify for food stamps and not pell grants when the income limits on pell grants are WAY higher?

Quoting IansMommy2012:

You say that but what you don't understand is she prolly has tried to get pell grants and government assistance BUt CAnT!!!! Me and dh are in the same hole. He works min wage I never finished school and neither did he. We've relocated and now on PA because we can barely makes ends meet let alone have to go but grocheries on top of that. :/ some ppl need to fucking stop posting about this shit and stop posting anon. Because I guarantee half the ppl that post about this shit either get it or most likely denied and pissed e cause they can't sit on their asses and do nothing.
You have no idea why someone receives food stamps or me coal assistance. So fuck off. I am so tired of seeing these fucking posts!!!
Stop being so fucking judge mental!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Who is going to pay for your schooling? Uh, pell grants through the government. Pell grants give poor people $5500 per year for school. All you need to do to qualify is fill out a 3 min form. And since you are on PA you are surely getting a huge tax refund next month, right? That won't pay for you to relocate and find a better life?

Sounds like you don't WANT to find solutions.

Quoting Anonymous:

first off i never wanted a degree second who do you suppose is going to pay my bill or for that matter pay for my schooling while i go back to school.  It isn't my fault because i sent in resumes in my career field, it isn't my fault that i didn't get any calls what was i suppose to do, hold them at gun point and make them interview me and hire me. I have already relocated, if i didn't I would even have the job I have now. Who is going to pay for me to up and move, move my children, rent my u-haul to move all of my stuff and pay my bills until i find that job that may not even come. Who is going to pay first, last and security for a place that i guarantee will be more a month than what i pay right now.  I have done all i could do  and i am the point that there isn't any more i can do at this point.

Yea i receive PA but the problem is that most of you think you know everything about our lives, know everything that we have done to try to prevent from us being in the situation that we are in. But the fact is  that all of you are just assuming; you don't anything about our lives.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm confused. You don't have a degree, you don't work in your field, yet its "not your fault" that the only job you can find pays minimum wage? How is that not your fault? Go back and finish school. Relocate to an area where there is a job in your field. You have to be proactive.

Quoting Anonymous:

NO it isn't in the career field that i choose when i went to school. I don't have a degree but i do have a certification but i am currently not using it because there isn't any jobs in the field that i choose. I sent in as many resumes as i could until it came to the point where I just started dropping application where ever i saw that people were hiring. I took what i could find. It may be minimum wage but it  pays the bills. I wish i could find work in the my field the work would be so much easier and i would make more money then what i make now.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is your degree in? Is your minimum wage job in your field?

Quoting Anonymous:

honey i don't sit my ass, i do work and i pay my own bills. so what if i get assistance with food.  It isn't our fault that my husband got laid off and it isn't my fault that the ONLY place that called me happen to only pay minimum wage.

fourandhoping
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Have not seen condoms mentioned.

Seriously - I think the never needed PA folks could use an addition to their full coffers - compassion for your fellow human might be wise. One never knows when fortunes might turn and it might be you in need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Indunno but that's what happened to me. We get PA but I can't get a pell grant :/ go figure

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just confused I guess. Why would someone qualify for food stamps and not pell grants when the income limits on pell grants are WAY higher?

Quoting IansMommy2012:

You say that but what you don't understand is she prolly has tried to get pell grants and government assistance BUt CAnT!!!! Me and dh are in the same hole. He works min wage I never finished school and neither did he. We've relocated and now on PA because we can barely makes ends meet let alone have to go but grocheries on top of that. :/ some ppl need to fucking stop posting about this shit and stop posting anon. Because I guarantee half the ppl that post about this shit either get it or most likely denied and pissed e cause they can't sit on their asses and do nothing.

You have no idea why someone receives food stamps or me coal assistance. So fuck off. I am so tired of seeing these fucking posts!!!

Stop being so fucking judge mental!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Who is going to pay for your schooling? Uh, pell grants through the government. Pell grants give poor people $5500 per year for school. All you need to do to qualify is fill out a 3 min form. And since you are on PA you are surely getting a huge tax refund next month, right? That won't pay for you to relocate and find a better life?

Sounds like you don't WANT to find solutions.

Quoting Anonymous:

first off i never wanted a degree second who do you suppose is going to pay my bill or for that matter pay for my schooling while i go back to school.  It isn't my fault because i sent in resumes in my career field, it isn't my fault that i didn't get any calls what was i suppose to do, hold them at gun point and make them interview me and hire me. I have already relocated, if i didn't I would even have the job I have now. Who is going to pay for me to up and move, move my children, rent my u-haul to move all of my stuff and pay my bills until i find that job that may not even come. Who is going to pay first, last and security for a place that i guarantee will be more a month than what i pay right now.  I have done all i could do  and i am the point that there isn't any more i can do at this point.

Yea i receive PA but the problem is that most of you think you know everything about our lives, know everything that we have done to try to prevent from us being in the situation that we are in. But the fact is  that all of you are just assuming; you don't anything about our lives.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm confused. You don't have a degree, you don't work in your field, yet its "not your fault" that the only job you can find pays minimum wage? How is that not your fault? Go back and finish school. Relocate to an area where there is a job in your field. You have to be proactive.

Quoting Anonymous:

NO it isn't in the career field that i choose when i went to school. I don't have a degree but i do have a certification but i am currently not using it because there isn't any jobs in the field that i choose. I sent in as many resumes as i could until it came to the point where I just started dropping application where ever i saw that people were hiring. I took what i could find. It may be minimum wage but it  pays the bills. I wish i could find work in the my field the work would be so much easier and i would make more money then what i make now.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is your degree in? Is your minimum wage job in your field?

Quoting Anonymous:

honey i don't sit my ass, i do work and i pay my own bills. so what if i get assistance with food.  It isn't our fault that my husband got laid off and it isn't my fault that the ONLY place that called me happen to only pay minimum wage.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Awwwww someone got their feelings hurt and tattled on me lmao.
ambitious_MOM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Lol no just talking to the ignorant people!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok ;) for a second I thought you were upset with me.

Quoting ambitious_MOM:

Omg will you people stfu about. This damn pa bs theres nothing you miserable complain bitches can do to stop it so stfu......further more God forbid you end up in a situation where you need some extra help.....smh f.y.I this is just for the ignorant stuck up peaople who think their invincible to hard times.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN