Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should people on pa be allowed to have ???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What should people on pa be allowed to have ? Only a place to live and enough clothes to be dressed ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
PEEK05
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

A cardboard box to live in and clothes picked out from food banks

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
You'll get nothing and like it
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

no bucket.  they can dig a hole.

Quoting laranadtony:

Bread 

water

some hay to sleep on 

A bucket to shit in

A shovel costs more than a bucket and making them use a digging stick is cruel and inhumane.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

milfanyway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this
They should have an exit plan. Seriously. If they have a solid exit plan than I don't care what they have otherwise. If they plan on making it a lifestyle than yeah, tin can and loin cloth. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ! Someone who had a brain ! I completely agree.

Quoting BethanyJ:

There is no "allowed".  They can and should have everything they want.  As long as they meet the qualifications for assistance, then that's all the matters.  I don't give a rat's a** if they have an iphone, a brand new car, a million pets, a huge house, a bunch of kids, a credit card, a bank account, new nails/hair/jewelry/nice name brand clothes, new bikes, new shoes....it doesn't matter.  You never know anyone's situation from a simple glance, and than goodness it's none of anyone's business why someone is on PA.  PA is nowhere near as abused as people think, in fact, most PA users are off of PA after 7 months.  Some stay on longer, the the majority do not.  People on CM are woefully ignorant and sometimes downright idiotic when it comes to the subject of PA. 

sweetcat
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
She read my mind!!!

Quoting BethanyJ:

There is no "allowed".  They can and should have everything they want.  As long as they meet the qualifications for assistance, then that's all the matters.  I don't give a rat's a** if they have an iphone, a brand new car, a million pets, a huge house, a bunch of kids, a credit card, a bank account, new nails/hair/jewelry/nice name brand clothes, new bikes, new shoes....it doesn't matter.  You never know anyone's situation from a simple glance, and than goodness it's none of anyone's business why someone is on PA.  PA is nowhere near as abused as people think, in fact, most PA users are off of PA after 7 months.  Some stay on longer, the the majority do not.  People on CM are woefully ignorant and sometimes downright idiotic when it comes to the subject of PA. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

A plane ticket to another country sounds good to me.

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Those that really need it don't get it near as much as those that don't :/ me and dh are on it but he also works as much as he can. Hopefully when he is promoted then we won't need it. But my parents barely able to make ends meet with 5kids at home and y dad travels for work where he can find it and they don't qualify :( where is that fair?

Quoting BethanyJ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't say anything about a shovel.

They can use their standard issue plastic spork.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

no bucket.  they can dig a hole.

Quoting laranadtony:

Bread 

water

some hay to sleep on 

A bucket to shit in

A shovel costs more than a bucket and making them use a digging stick is cruel and inhumane.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

you forgot raman.

Quoting laranadtony:

Bread 

water

some hay to sleep on 

A bucket to shit in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)