Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should people on pa be allowed to have ???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What should people on pa be allowed to have ? Only a place to live and enough clothes to be dressed ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Oops! Didnt mean to post anon
Yeah, i wouldnt wish mine on anyone either. But shes free! So they can have her, if theyre that desperate. Probably a bit leathery and gamey after all the overuse... but beggers cant be choosers

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't wish my mom on Hitler.

Quoting Anonymous:

They can have your mom. She's free.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Sarcasm... you doz not haz it.

Quoting BethanyJ:

There is no "allowed".  They can and should have everything they want.  As long as they meet the qualifications for assistance, then that's all the matters.  I don't give a rat's a** if they have an iphone, a brand new car, a million pets, a huge house, a bunch of kids, a credit card, a bank account, new nails/hair/jewelry/nice name brand clothes, new bikes, new shoes....it doesn't matter.  You never know anyone's situation from a simple glance, and than goodness it's none of anyone's business why someone is on PA.  PA is nowhere near as abused as people think, in fact, most PA users are off of PA after 7 months.  Some stay on longer, the the majority do not.  People on CM are woefully ignorant and sometimes downright idiotic when it comes to the subject of PA. 

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

LOL!

Quoting Anonymous:

A plane ticket to another country sounds good to me.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say anything about a shovel.

They can use their standard issue plastic spork.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

no bucket.  they can dig a hole.

Quoting laranadtony:

Bread 

water

some hay to sleep on 

A bucket to shit in

A shovel costs more than a bucket and making them use a digging stick is cruel and inhumane.

Spooning is not allowed because it makes babies, so I would think sporking is not allowed either.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
people are such heartless bitches on this site.
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

The system isn't as fair as I'd like it to be, and the current system certainly isn't the way I'd set it up, but I still stand by what I say.  I do feel for those that need a hand and can't get it.  Also, there isn't any way for you to judge (aside from situations you may now personally) that people in general that don't need it get more than those that do.  I agree that there is definitely a gap between people who qualify for PA and those who are sustaining themselves...and that gap would benefit from some PA, specifically medical assistance and maybe some food assistance.  However, "need" is quite subjective and open to interpretation. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Those that really need it don't get it near as much as those that don't :/ me and dh are on it but he also works as much as he can. Hopefully when he is promoted then we won't need it. But my parents barely able to make ends meet with 5kids at home and y dad travels for work where he can find it and they don't qualify :( where is that fair?

Quoting BethanyJ:

There is no "allowed".  They can and should have everything they want.  As long as they meet the qualifications for assistance, then that's all the matters.  I don't give a rat's a** if they have an iphone, a brand new car, a million pets, a huge house, a bunch of kids, a credit card, a bank account, new nails/hair/jewelry/nice name brand clothes, new bikes, new shoes....it doesn't matter.  You never know anyone's situation from a simple glance, and than goodness it's none of anyone's business why someone is on PA.  PA is nowhere near as abused as people think, in fact, most PA users are off of PA after 7 months.  Some stay on longer, the the majority do not.  People on CM are woefully ignorant and sometimes downright idiotic when it comes to the subject of PA. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Lol !

Quoting the4mutts:

Oops! Didnt mean to post anon

Yeah, i wouldnt wish mine on anyone either. But shes free! So they can have her, if theyre that desperate. Probably a bit leathery and gamey after all the overuse... but beggers cant be choosers

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't wish my mom on Hitler.

Quoting Anonymous:

They can have your mom. She's free.

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

LOL no I now that this thread is meant to be sarcastic...but I guess I couldn't resist a serious reply because there ARE a bunch of moms on here who I believe would be perfectly happy if people on PA were stripped of all their posessions except the bare minimum.  I think I remember reading that somewhere on this board that a mom felt people on PA shouldn't vote....it's hard to be sarcastic about it when people are such morons about it.  I've really never encountered such ignorance on any other board.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Sarcasm... you doz not haz it.

Quoting BethanyJ:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I don't even think they should be allowed a place to live unless they can afford to pay for it.  I think they should stop with the section 8 and foodstamps and start opening shelters and dormatories, much like jails only with doors instead of bars. Let them manage the foodstamp allocation. If they need a place to live, a family can have a room and meals provided.  Once they can afford to live elsewhere, then they can move out.  Minus food stamps and section 8 housing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed.

Quoting Anonymous:

people are such heartless bitches on this site.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)