Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Walmart story!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

So today I headed over to Walmart to grab a few things for the week. I had my youngest dd with me. As we were waiting in line this woman in front of me kept looking at my dd and our cart. Immediately, I thought of CM...I thought here we go something bat sh(t crazy is going to be said. She asked if she could buy my dd a candy bar. I told her she didn't need to but said thank you. She said, I am not a crazy loon. She just reminds me of my grand daughter who lives across the country and I never get to see her. She then said, I bet her grandma is so proud. I told her, all of her grandparents are deceased. She then said, please let me buy her one. I agreed. We actually got to talking and she was a retired teacher and used to teach at my dd's school. We walked out together and chatted about who and who isn't still there.

Anyhow, I guess I'm lucky, our Walmart has kind and sweet people....guess they aren't all freaks:)

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

thats sweet

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww, it's nice to hear that not all people at Walmart are escapee's from the local nut/rehab house. That was really sweet of her. 

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  There are some kind/sweet ppl @ "my" walmart (but I think most of them are freaks). :)

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I think alot of the walmart stories are made up so they have something to post about
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I like walmart. 

Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
That's very nice. I bet that made her day as well!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmcwife.mommy2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe I love sweet old ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
People are always staring at my daughter. I used to always get told she looked like a glass doll and she was so quiet and still that they were staring to see if she was breathing.... 5 years later and she never shuts up. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats cute!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Quoting .Milfshake.:

I think alot of the walmart stories are made up so they have something to post about

Me, too. But as she was staring at us, I couldn't help but think...OMG I am going to have a crazy Walmart story! It was very sweet of her to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)