Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And the worst mom of the year award goes to..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Me.

I feel horrible. My 8 month old LO has a yeast infection, is teething, and has a fever.

For obvious reasons, LO is cranky and isn't sleeping very well. Mommy isn't sleeping well due to this, so she's a little cranky too.

LO was whiny. I couldn't do anything to soothe. Didn't want to eat. Didn't want to rock..etc.

After taking LOs temp (101.2F) I decided I'd give some Tempra to help with fever & tooth pain. LO was on the couch. Me, not thinking and frustrated from an hour of not being able to soothe LO, left LO on the couch so I could grab the Tempra from the closet. It's not very far from the couch anyway.

Just as I open the closet I hear a thump and a scream, LO is on the floor. I run over and scoop baby off the floor and start to cry. I patted him down to make sure he was okay. Checked for bumps and bruises between the tears. I gave LO some Tempra and now he is eating.

I feel terrible. I'm never this careless. The baby already feels like crap and then falls off the couch. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

we all have bad days , it was a accident , hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

we all have bad days , it was a accident , hugs

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Awe hugs you didn't know that was gonna happen! Chin up. Babys dad can't take him for a bit so you can rest??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
italk2rox
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
:-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this
There is nothing like being a parent....through the good bad and ugly we do it all....deal with it all. We also have to learn we can't do everything and be everyone at once sweety....things happen accidents happen and we are very hard on ourselves! A lot of times others don't realize how hard it is especially when our babies are sick :( the babies don't sleep so we don't sleep....we worry so much we often make ourselves sick.....give yourself a break honey he's ok...and we don't think straight when we are sleep deprived. Hope he gets better
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Ooh it's ok OP! Happens more than you know!

I feel pretty bad. Im sick. Every time I blow my nose, dd, 7 m/o cries in terror. I kept waking her up in the car. I felt so bad! But I had to blow my nose lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Shit happens. We all have bad days. You most certainly do not deserve 'worst mom of the year' award.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
He sleeps during the day because he works nights. There's not much time during the week where he can watch the baby unfortunately. Thank you for trying to make me feel better though. Days like this make me feel so helpless.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Awe hugs you didn't know that was gonna happen! Chin up. Babys dad can't take him for a bit so you can rest??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Thank you. He seems to be doing better now. He's got a bump on his forehead, which I'm not going to feel like explaining to my boyfriend when he wakes up for work.
I'm frustrated. I'm tired. We need some sleep and then I'm sure both the baby and I will feel a lot better. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

There is nothing like being a parent....through the good bad and ugly we do it all....deal with it all. We also have to learn we can't do everything and be everyone at once sweety....things happen accidents happen and we are very hard on ourselves! A lot of times others don't realize how hard it is especially when our babies are sick :( the babies don't sleep so we don't sleep....we worry so much we often make ourselves sick.....give yourself a break honey he's ok...and we don't think straight when we are sleep deprived. Hope he gets better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Aw :( lol that's both cute and sad. I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Ooh it's ok OP! Happens more than you know!

I feel pretty bad. Im sick. Every time I blow my nose, dd, 7 m/o cries in terror. I kept waking her up in the car. I felt so bad! But I had to blow my nose lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN