Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why be with someone when you can't stand their kids?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

Why stay with someone that doesn't like yours? I mean, if they are young of course. If you are happy with someone and their adult child doesn't like you, they just need to deal with it. It makes my stomach turn though when I read posts on here by moms saying "I hate my 5 year old sd. She is such a pain in the ass."  or "My boyfriend says terrible things to my 4 year old and spanks him all the time."

My friend's husband cheated on her and moved in with his gf. The gf thought he was getting divorced before she came into the picture. The gf confided in my friend that the ex is horrible to her sons. He regularly calls her 3 year old autistic son a "retard"

I just don't get it, he would be on the f'ing curb in a heartbeat. I don't get how any woman would tolerate a man treating her babies like shit.

I would assume that most meet the kids before they get really serious. Do the kids and yourself a favor if you meet them a few times and "hate" them, walk the hell away.  

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CourtneyCS
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Agreed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I couldn't imagine letting anyone around my children that talked to them that way or talked about them like that. He would be GONE!

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I couldn't imagine letting anyone around my children that talked to them that way or talked about them like that. He would be GONE!

Exactly, I would never put up with it. Hearing someone talk to my child like that would make me not like them at all, nevermind love them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)