Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid game! UGH!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

So my dad got DH Black Ops 2 and a year membership to XBox 360 online for Christmas. For the last two weeks, all he ever does is sit in our room on the bed playing god damn Black Ops. He's never been much of a gamer so I didn't think it was a big deal at first, especially since he plays online with my dad.

But seriously I'm about ready to throw the fucking machine in the trash. I'm spending another night here on CM because he's busy. He only helps out when I call for him, and he'll stay up til like, 2am.

And yes, he knows how I feel. WTF happened to my NORMAL DH?!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I got no replies. Waaaaaaaaaah.

I can't really say I'm bored...well, I kinda am. But I hear him talking to all his work friends on there...we're going on 5 hours now of Black Ops 2 with only an hour off for dinner, and 10 minutes off to help me get DD1 into bed.

Seriously though, this sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I've chucked a couple game systems out of our second story window.   My dh and I agreed he could have 2 hrs a night when kids go to bed (thats when I shower then read a book or do crafts anyway) he gets games on friday night.  Then no more for the rest of the weekend unless I tell him its ok because I am doing something else lol BUT he doesnt play at all anymore until kids go to bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

He's NEVER been a gamer...in all the 7 years we've been together. He'll dabble around on his computer, watch some TV, and then come hang out with all of us. Now all of the sudden he's playing this stupid game constantly.

If I'd known it was gonna be like this, I would've told my dad to NOT get it for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've chucked a couple game systems out of our second story window.   My dh and I agreed he could have 2 hrs a night when kids go to bed (thats when I shower then read a book or do crafts anyway) he gets games on friday night.  Then no more for the rest of the weekend unless I tell him its ok because I am doing something else lol BUT he doesnt play at all anymore until kids go to bed.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I had to re-read bc I thought your dad got the game and subscription and was sitting on your bed!!

Put the game on lockdown until you get your time w DH! For every X amount of time, he gets X amount of time on XBox.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I've had numerous conversations with him about this. I keep telling him "I'd like you to put down the controller and spend time with us" and his answer is "I am! I'm eating dinner with yall. I'm helping with bathtime." 

He just doesn't get it I suppose. I don't know how women who have hardcore gamer husbands do this for years on out. I would've left already!

Quoting MichLW69:

I had to re-read bc I thought your dad got the game and subscription and was sitting on your bed!!

Put the game on lockdown until you get your time w DH! For every X amount of time, he gets X amount of time on XBox.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Well the games are fun, I will give him that.  He just needs to pay attention to his family more than the game lol.  Id go turn the game off and tell him we need to talk.  Then sit down and come up with a time limit and set days he can play that works for both of you.  If you dont want to piss him off by turning off the game use sex.  then talk when ur done lol

Quoting Anonymous:

He's NEVER been a gamer...in all the 7 years we've been together. He'll dabble around on his computer, watch some TV, and then come hang out with all of us. Now all of the sudden he's playing this stupid game constantly.

If I'd known it was gonna be like this, I would've told my dad to NOT get it for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM

He's been telling me for days I should give him a blowjob WHILE he plays Black Ops. I was like "Uh...why?" and he goes "Well. I like both of them...together would be even better!" SMH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well the games are fun, I will give him that.  He just needs to pay attention to his family more than the game lol.  Id go turn the game off and tell him we need to talk.  Then sit down and come up with a time limit and set days he can play that works for both of you.  If you dont want to piss him off by turning off the game use sex.  then talk when ur done lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I feel for you. My DH has been on there for the last 4 days for about 12 hours a day. Before he got that game, he was obsessed with another game, and got rid of it cause he wanted to "break the addiction". Then black ops 2 comes around...yaaay. I know how annoying/frustrating it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I truly have no idea how you moms with DHs that do this for months on end deal. I couldn't. We're two weeks in and I'm already wanting to call my MIL and have her slap him, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel for you. My DH has been on there for the last 4 days for about 12 hours a day. Before he got that game, he was obsessed with another game, and got rid of it cause he wanted to "break the addiction". Then black ops 2 comes around...yaaay. I know how annoying/frustrating it is.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Controlling much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN