Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

I posted earlier about how my DD was sick.  I called to make an appt, none are available until after Tuesday. They referred us out to the urgent care.  They tested her for the flu, she came up positive for type A.  She was not vomitting at this time.  Her temp there was 103.4.  I am able t keep it down at 101.3/101.5. Every time I give her medicine, she throws it back up within ten minute, same if she drinks some water.  She has only gone pee once today.  I am worried she will get dehydrated.  She is also refusing to eat.  Still saying he head hurts, throat hurts, ears hurt.  I just feel so badly for her.  Any ideas?  I am half tempted to take her to the Doc again to make sure she does not get dehydrated.  She is just sleeping on the couch. ): They did give us a perscription for tamiflu, which she took one dose already.  I just want her to feel better!  She is 5.  They also are not letting her go back to school until after Thursday.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CCMami
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Our daughter had it too except vomiting. Pedialite is the best thing. Morton and pedialite. My kids got up to 104.9.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Keep trying to get her to drink sips and not full glasses, I dont know that I would take her back to the doctor. I think you are managing it all ok. I wouldnt want to eat if I had the flu either.

Next year, Flu shot....

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM

We all got the flu shot.  We always do.  This is the first time anyone in our house has ever gotten the flu. I jut feel so bad for her.  When I pick her up she cries out in pain.  I just want her to feel better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Keep trying to get her to drink sips and not full glasses, I dont know that I would take her back to the doctor. I think you are managing it all ok. I wouldnt want to eat if I had the flu either.

Next year, Flu shot....

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM
You want to be giving her water a tablespoon at a time, every 15 minutes. You can giver s little more as she is keeping it down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I know you do. I think you are doing all you can.

Quoting vetNmommy:

We all got the flu shot.  We always do.  This is the first time anyone in our house has ever gotten the flu. I jut feel so bad for her.  When I pick her up she cries out in pain.  I just want her to feel better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Next year, Flu shot....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured