Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone adopt a older boy?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

My SO was talking about how he wants a boy in the future. We have two girls (8 and 9) and he said that he would like a son when the girls are older. Also we want time to get married and then have a boy. I do not want a baby and neither does he. I want a kid that is older. (I am thinking 5-8 years old). 

Anyone adopt an older boy. How was it? What problems/ complications did you go through. Are there problems now?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JeremiahMyKing
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM
My family adopted my oldest brother when he was 12, 13? Sorry it was a long time ago but obviously older. I love him & forget he isn't ”blood” he went through his teen stage but my parents treated him the same way they did the rest of us (8 kids in all) Family is who you make it so I believe as long as you love him & treat him equal to your other children all should be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

My children are all adopted so it would be cool. I just have to be old enough to adopt from an organization. Also I hear it is easier to adopt when you are married

Quoting JeremiahMyKing:

My family adopted my oldest brother when he was 12, 13? Sorry it was a long time ago but obviously older. I love him & forget he isn't ”blood” he went through his teen stage but my parents treated him the same way they did the rest of us (8 kids in all) Family is who you make it so I believe as long as you love him & treat him equal to your other children all should be fine

JeremiahMyKing
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Yes a lot of places prefer to help married couples I guess because they seem to be more stable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)