Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow! Ashamed of NY

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 36 Replies
So apparently they sent a tourist to jail yesterday because he forgot his wallet home and had a bill of $268 from a restaurant he went to. The news said he offered his iPhone 5 (worth $800) and Passport as collateral and instead they called the cops. Thats messed up what a way to spend your vacation and remember my city.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
When i worked at restaurants people who did that were more then welcome to leave collateral and come back with the money. That is a crazy high price for one meal were there a few people with him or is shit just that expensive there?
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
If he judges the whole city based on one resturaunts attitude, then he doesn't deserve to see the good side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
How about Cuomo is focused on gun control BUT THE SANDY VICTIMS ARE LIVINING IN DAMN TENTS!!!!!
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

It is crazy expensive there, but that's pretty high even for NY for one person. I did pay something like $4 for a glass of soda and $8 for some crappy chicken strips. lol

Quoting lauren.m:

When i worked at restaurants people who did that were more then welcome to leave collateral and come back with the money. That is a crazy high price for one meal were there a few people with him or is shit just that expensive there?

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM

He spent all of that money and didn't have any money, I honestly think calling the police was understandable. He only has himself to blame. If you are going to go to a restaurant and rack up that kind of bill, you make sure you have your wallet on you first.

cholita1978
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Did he forget it at the hotel, or his hometown? Sorry but I would have been skeptical too, alot of scammers nowadays
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Quoting kfroz0415:

Here you can go for a nice dinner for four and pay about $100 less then that. I could bring myself to pag that much for one meal. Thats 5 days (6 people 3 meals a day) groceries for my family
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That is the best gif ever. I laughed so hard the first time I saw it. Thank you. I needed a good laugh.

Quoting kfroz0415:

It is crazy expensive there, but that's pretty high even for NY for one person. I did pay something like $4 for a glass of soda and $8 for some crappy chicken strips. lol

Quoting lauren.m:

cholita1978
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
NYC is vey expensive, specially Manhattan (lots of rich people, and pricey restaurants) but it is not the only expensive city. I did go to New Orleans for my job and I wanted to eat at one of Emeril's restaurants, I ate so good and paid the price for it, but I made sure I had the funding beforehand :)
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Yea if he was in a nice restaurant in the city then that could have been a meal for 2.

Quoting lauren.m:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured